HybridZ

Need suggestions on tires!

Hey guys!

So I have been looking for a new set of wheels for my S130 and I have my mind set on some Work Equip 03's in a 15x9.5 with a -13 offset. My only problem is finding a tire to fill everything up nicely. I like how the 255/40-17's look on the ZX wrapped on a set of Rota's. I hopped on a tire calculator to find a comparable size in a 15" rim and came up with a 265/50-15.

My only problem now is finding a tire with a good speed rating. Everything I have been able to find has been an S speed rated tire. Keep in mind this is my DD turbo car w/350~whp.

If anyone has any suggestions while I continue to hunt down a decent tire.....please feel free to post them up!

Thanks,

Adam Silver

work%20equip%20(1).jpg

This is the wheel I want, but my ZX is not set up for a stretched tire like this one.

work%20equip.jpg

You picked a pretty tough wheel to find tires for. That is an exceptionally wide size for a 15" wheel. I'd rethink your wheel diameter if I was you and wanted to run such a wide size. If only it was a race car, you might be able to squeeze on a racing tire like a Goodyear 23*9.5 but I think it's better for a 10" wide wheel, and it's not going to be as tall.

I'm sure somebody will happen along and demonstrate how wrong I am. But that's my suggestion anyways.

stretch is your friend, just a bit, like 235's or 245's or something. Falken has ZE512's in 225/50-15 which I think is the perfect size for the "classic jap look" on a 9.5" rim. but that's just me.

The ZE512's are a very affordable tire for what you get. If you have enough money, buy Michelin Pilot Sports, they are great, the last long, I love them. Another affordable tire I think is good would be a Yokohama YK520.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this intended to be a hot street car or a track car? I'm guessing the former if you are considering stretching narrower tires to fit. If this is the case, consider the Mickey Thompson ET street radials. Unbelievable straight line traction, and the handling isn't as bad as you might think - definitely as good or better than a stretched tire. Of course this is only a solution for the rear, but they do have several 15" sizes.