HybridZ

Wheel Identification

750, way too good to pass up.

And yes, ZG flares are a must, slight chance I may have to step up to the BAMF flares to meet Japanese regulations when I take it to Japan with me next year, they don't allow weehls to stick out past the fender. I really wish I could find wider streetable tires for the rears, the widest I've seen are 235's Toyo R888's and 225 for non-track specific tires.

:(

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

uhhhh broooo there are a ton of 15" wheels like nitto 555s, bfg ta's, cooper cobra's, futura's, etc that are 255-295/50-60/15....shoot me a call or email and ill hook you up. anyone else needing tires i have GREAT pricing (obviously wont be so great if i have to ship them to NY from TX but i get em cheapppp).

Nine7Two 8three8 7937

datsundriver88@hotmail.com

-Jeff

Edited by sticky280zx

uhhhh broooo there are a ton of 15" wheels like nitto 555s, bfg ta's, cooper cobra's, futura's, etc that are 255-295/50-60/15....shoot me a call or email and ill hook you up. anyone else needing tires i have GREAT pricing (obviously wont be so great if i have to ship them to NY from TX but i get em cheapppp).

Nine7Two 8three8 7937

datsundriver88@hotmail.com

-Jeff

What the ef!? I googled the hell out of trying to find some wide tires after tirerack and the lot didn't have anything. This is great news. I see you're in the Dallas area, I'm actually from Dallas myself. I'll be home all October once I come back from overseas for a bit and drive the Z back from my old base. I'll probably have the flares installed in that time period so getting some sweet tires would seal the deal.

972 area code is North Dallas isn't it?

yes sirrrr and we've pmed back and forth before but yes there are plenty of 15" options, why do you think i have about 4 sets of them lol

D'oh. I have bad short term memory sometimes lol. Well from my hours and hours of searching, it seems like there's a gap in widths between 225 (other than the R888) until about 265's. I think my dilemma here is that those wider tires are pretty much street legal drag tires. I was looking for some that are more on the handling spectrum of it all. I've decided on 225/45/15 Hankook RS3's for the the fronts, and contemplating them on the rears to have a matching set.

My only concern is the sidewalls on that specific tire in 225. I'm wondering if the sidewalls are too stiff for that slight stretch over a 10. Do you have any other ideas?

haha wellll then i guess the 245-60-15s on my friends zx i just test fitted for my own dont exist then :rolleyes: lol

pics....245/60/15 BFG TA's

ps there are a ton of Street tires 225-275 just not alot with short sidewall

k70k1.jpg

35cem3d.jpg

28teskl.jpg

Edited by sticky280zx

Ughhh rookies, lol you have to take into account the stretch. If you have a 255-60 or 275-60 on a 10 its not going to be as tall as my 245/60's Bulged on an 8" rim. And unless your slamming the crap out of your car, and dont car about traction, then you are going to want something bigger than a 50 sidewall. I ra 225/50/15s on the rear of my "mostly stock" bolted on and cranked timing stock body z and i could spin the crap out of first gear and spin second after shifts if i was "gettin it" not to mention rain took out the first 3 gears at anything over 3k when the full vac advance hit.

Edited by sticky280zx

Not exactly a rookie when it comes to tires, I was into the whole drifting fad for about 3 years and burnt through a ton of tires and I was always experimenting with different widths, aspect ratios and brands/models.

Here's excellent picture showing what aspect ratios I'd like to have. The fronts are 225/45 which I'll run for my fronts, and the rears in this picture are 275/35/15. Ofcourse though the only tires in those sizes are R-compounds.

rc7ouu.jpg

Here's a 275/60. Too tall IMO.

2iscdx2.jpg

Most of these wide tires seem to be drag racing oriented which is not what I'm looking for. I'd like a good handling tire for a good handling car.

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

then get 17s, selection sucks in 15s unless you get compound especially if you are going to be VERRYYY picky on the sidewall height, thats just the way it goes cant have best of both worlds unless you go 17s. I just hate when people say there arent any because there are you just have to learn how to work with them, like i said 275/60 is a big tall tire on an 8-9 and even 10inch wheel which is why ive said 245/255 for the 10in and go 235-60 or 225-50 on the fronts but if you want very short sidewalls a bigger size wheel is the way to go, if you want to pass on those wheels or get frustrated finding tires, thats fine ill trade you some rota 17's for them anytime :D

aka youre never going to get wide short tires for handling/everyday use in 15" its the price we pay for staying old school and saving weight.

Edited by sticky280zx

Pass on the Rota's.

Not getting frustrated because I've found SOME results although not problem solving. Dunlop and Yokohama used to run some wide tires for 15's. Dunlop had their SP Sport 8000's in 245/50 and Yoko's AVS model line even had some wide lower profile tires like 285/40.

The kick in the nuts is that they both seem to have been discontinued around 2008ish.