HybridZ

interior padding

SVMVMVZZZZ

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished doing this. I used a hammer and metal putty knife on the floors cause the rust had made it easy to pull them apart. On the tranny tunnel i had to use a hammer, a chisel, and a six pack of beer.

The six pack of beer became crucial around the three hour marker. It helped me swear beligerantly while hammering like an idiot and pissing off my neighbors.

I will never do it without dry ice again.

• 1 month later...

I just scraped and got rid of all my stock material. This is what Im left with:

fcnvia.jpg

qnsk8o.jpg

Taking a wire pad at the end of the drill would still take me HOURS to remove

the surface rust. Is that the solution?

My plan was to:

Try and remove surface rust (do i use Naval Jelly?)

Paint with self etching primer

Install sound deadening material

Carpet over SD Material

Suggestions?

Edited by revlis240

I just finished doing my yesterday. I used a putty knife and a hammer and it worked great. To get the surface rust i used a combination of naval jelly and a grinder. I suppose a wire wheel could be substituted for the grinder. However the grinder made really short work of the rust.

Did this job myself this weekend. Found some surface rust on the floor after getting the asphalt away. My solution: Got mental with the twisted wire brush on my grinder, som rust converter on where I coulden't get to and then some zink primer. After that I brushed on some Owatrol (linen oil) under the seat brackets to stop the rust where you can't reach(that stuff is amazing, creeps everywhere and stops and prevents rust). I'll be finishing the job thursday with a topcoat of POR15.

Edited by HaaJeHaa