HybridZ

z31 5lug hubs on 73 240z

I'm getting all the parts together to do a 5 lug swap on my 240z. I all ready know what to do with the rear but the front has me a little stumped right now. the hubs that I have are from a 5 lug z31 but I need to order new rotors. Are the turbo and non turbo rotors different? My think my hub came from a 86 non turbo 5lug but I'm not sure. when I bought it I thought all the 5 lug z31 hubs where the same. But when I started looking up the rotors I got a couple different part number. My question is which one and what year car do I buy it for or are they all the same? I'm currently running the vented rotor and toyota calipers.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=86732

what i bought to get me started, and i used 84 z31 turbo rotors front and rear.

If that year hub fits on the spindle then i would get the same year rotors. I'm not 100% on that though. And i think it depends on what brakes you will be running as well. The different rotors may be different thicknesses and or dimensions.

Edited by CArFAn

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that's only if your using the larger toyota calipers.

Correct. Though I'm not sure of the other brake options for this type of setup. The stock S30 caliper/rotor obviously isn't an option.

So if your running the z31 rotors and calipers you dont need it?

I don't know of anyone who adapted the z31 calipers to the s30 for the 5 lug swap. The S12W toyota calipers bolt on the stock spidle without any modification to the spindle. The Z31 rotor is used with 35mm spacer to center the rotor in the Toyota S12W caliper.

This picture might help....

066.jpg

check out this thread for additional info.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/80806-4-to-5-lug-swap-options/page__p__766220__hl__%2Blug+%2Bswap__fromsearch__1#entry766220

As far as the original posters question. I'm not 100% certain about the specific years/models for the correct z31 hub but I know the early Z31 turbo with 5 lug had the correct rotor. If you are buying them from the local parts store, just make certain the center section where the rotor bolts to the hub looks "scalloped" like the following picture.

071.jpg

Edited by 280zcar