HybridZ

1970 Datsun 510 Wagon

75280z

So a guy local on CL is listing a 510 and a V8 Z both look very good. So I might be having a 510 for a daily if all goes well and no one swipes it from underneath me. Here is the CL advert if anyone is looking for a V8z. If you talk to him tell you Aaron the guy that wants the 510 pointed you to him that way he will like me and sell me his 510. But no one gets the 510 but me I already convinced the wife I needed it! The guy might even be a member here I would't be surprised.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1941822083.html check it out.

**Edited for spelling

Edited by 75280z

I got the 510 (well I don't physically have it I transfer funds tomorrow) and now am happy because I wanted to bring my Z to the track but wanted to bring the wife and one of the kids out at least to hob knob for a little bit. The shifting action is insane! its like a short throw it is a smaller throw than my 97 subaru OBX speaking of which I have to sell that now any one want a 97 OBX? The 510 hasn't been out for a while so I will see if I can put some miles on her and if she does OK I will bring her out to the track on saturday!

Hey is the guy who bought the Z a hybridz guy how was the interior in the Z I was wondering.

**Edited sentence to make more sense

Edited by 75280z

Don't know whether I am bringing the wagon, no seat belts other than the Drivers, there is still stuff over at the guy I bought it from's house, it should be boxed up and ready for me to pick it up next week. I really want my wife to come, and one of the kids so we might just come out in the minivan for a while to meet people.

Yeah It is going to be a very little money invested project, just mainly a drive around car. As Darrel mentioned the Z car club of Colorado had a track day out at High Plains Raceway Saturday Sept 11th. A man named Jason who has a GTR brought her out to track her. This isn't just a stock new GTR he has changed turbos, added a lot of coolers for all the oils, brakes, tires, full cage, and some other things, the car has somewhere around 700 HP it was RIDICULOUS. HPR is around a 2.5 mile track, on the longest straight he got up to around 145-160 with me in the car. The fastest lap I clocked him while I was doing corner work was 2:02 and I don't think that was his fastest, needless to say on my ride in the passengers seat I was grinning ear to ear. SO a big thanks to all the Z guys that came out they were super friendly, I also got to ride with Dan who has a silver 240z running MS2 with an L28et I loved the GTR, but I really loved riding in a car that is alot like mine just better!

track-map-large3.gif

youtube of Jason running the texas mile!

Edited by 75280z

• 2 weeks later...