HybridZ

1970 Datsun 510 Wagon

75280z

You're whats wrong with kids these days... Doing everything backasswards.

I bet you like the "hellaflush" seen too right?

I have no idea how your comment is relevant :D

I post a video of a Mercedes wagon racing after you said to slam the car ['hellaflush'] because a wagon couldn't be a racecar.

seen = past version of "see"

scene = "culture" or mentality of a group of like-minded people

I love hellaflush. If you don't like it you can take your hate elsewhere. I park on racetracks to take pictures, what's up?

[if you don't get the joke, you're incredibly dense. Notice my huge sig picture of me racing my car. BTW I think drifiting is retarded, but you MUST admit that wagon is a bad mofo]

Edited by FlatBlack

I have no idea how your comment is relevant :D

I post a video of a Mercedes wagon racing after you said to slam the car ['hellaflush'] because a wagon couldn't be a racecar.

seen = past version of "see"

scene = "culture" or mentality of a group of like-minded people

I love hellaflush. If you don't like it you can take your hate elsewhere. I park on racetracks to take pictures, what's up?

[if you don't get the joke, you're incredibly dense. Notice my huge sig picture of me racing my car.]

Cool ferrafrush story bro.

camber.jpg

PS: Drifting is not racing JDM fanboy.

PS: Drifting is not racing JDM fanboy.

lol you even quoted it XD

1. Go highlight the entire text block of my comment by holding your mouse down and scrolling over the post.

2. Get your very very tight panties out of a bunch.

Sarcasm > you

I race my car(s) at least once a month. Do you??

Edited by FlatBlack

lol you even quoted it XD

1. Go highlight the entire text block of my comment.

2. Get your very very tight panties out of a bunch.

I race my car(s) at least once a month. Do you??

Again drifting isn't racing bro, and who cares if you "race" your car every month? Do you want a cookie?

I give up trying to explain my sarcasm to you. Yes, I friggin love JDM cars :rolleyes:

You make me sad for your generation.

I guessed you missed all of my sarcasm? I mean damn, I was laying it on pretty thick there Mr. Pantybuncher. :)

You and sticky280zx should have a talk, and you should read the suspension tech thread in the s130 section.

PS: Obvious troll not obvious enough?

The problem with lowering a 510 wagon is that the axle doesn't have a lot of clearance under the rear floor. While it might be possible to section the floor and raise it up, is it worth the hassle? I have a couple friends who autoxed a wagon for years and had fun with it, but it wasn't competitive against the sedans.

If the goal is to make it handle, I'd suggest some sliders for the leaf springs in the back. I suggested this to my friends and they never did it, but I had these things on a 2WD Toy pickup truck and it handled pretty bitchin, was good for about top 30 at my local autox which usually had about 80 cars. I even had mine on a set of weight jacks, so I could have corner weighted my truck accurately if I had access to scales.

https://www.circletracksupply.com/product.php?productid=815

facepalm2.jpg

I give up trying to explain my sarcasm to you. Yes, I friggin love JDM cars :rolleyes:

You make me sad for your generation.

shhhh leave him alone, he's 18 and has a 280zx 2+2....Its rather obvious he doesnt race his car, or care about going fast, looking good, maybe he has 3 kids and needs that back seat.

But im glad that we're getting so popular flatty...we need to get stickers and t-shirts for our group... "hellaflush haters" aparently we are the coolest thing out since we're hated so much for our own hating... :rolleyes:

Edited by sticky280zx

Holy Cow folks I don't visit my thread for like 3 days and you destroy it? I swear its gonna take me all day to clean up this mess :D.

As sticky said I have 3 kids and this is the daily driver, I have a turbo charged 280z that if I feel the need for speed I can just in her as they are both reliable enough in their current state to drive daily. However the Z is not track worthy as the brakes need work before that (I mainly mean pads/shoes?). 280zx 2by2 I am on ratsun in fact I have posted in several discussions you have. The wagon is going to be a great car just to drive around in I am not setting it up for tracking in fact I am going to see if I can get 3 seat belts in the back for the kids to ride around with me because that would be AWESOME. The kids haven't even seen the wagon yet as they have been visiting grand parent since the first of the month. I am planning on in the future dropping her a little to make her more visually pleasing to me!

@JMortensen- what do the sliders do I am going to do some research because I have no idea.

I would appreciate it if every one would take their petty arguments outside my thread.

Drifting isn't racing, but it is a sport, and does take skill. That being said I don't race/drift/drag I just love tinkering and driving!

Holy Cow folks I don't visit my thread for like 3 days and you destroy it? I swear its gonna take me all day to clean up this mess :D.

As sticky said I have 3 kids and this is the daily driver, I have a turbo charged 280z that if I feel the need for speed I can just in her as they are both reliable enough in their current state to drive daily. However the Z is not track worthy as the brakes need work before that (I mainly mean pads/shoes?). 280zx 2by2 I am on ratsun in fact I have posted in several discussions you have. The wagon is going to be a great car just to drive around in I am not setting it up for tracking in fact I am going to see if I can get 3 seat belts in the back for the kids to ride around with me because that would be AWESOME. The kids haven't even seen the wagon yet as they have been visiting grand parent since the first of the month. I am planning on in the future dropping her a little to make her more visually pleasing to me!

Then you should know the advantages of the 280zx strut assembly swap already. (brakes!)

@JMortensen- what do the sliders do I am going to do some research because I have no idea.

They replace the shackles on the leaf springs. They really reduce friction in the suspension and they don't roll over like shackles do in corners, nor do they stand up like shackles do under braking. It may lower the ride a bit, that kinda depends on the shackle length and angle. Really makes leaf springs work good.

Then you should know the advantages of the 280zx strut assembly swap already. (brakes!)

I would but my 280zx parts cars are back in Kansas so that will have to wait until probably later in the year/ early next year so I can go and get them.

@Jmortensen: I will definitely look into this, I am pretty happy with the car right now but in the future sounds like a really good way to improve handling, why have I never heard of these things before you posted?

I think you have to be a redneck to put a whole lot of effort into making leaf springs handle. I only learned about them from a friend who is kinda redneck-y that I used to hang around with. He told me about a shop that could put them on my truck after I started autoxing, and I went for it. The shop built circle track cars (surprise). If you do some searching online you'll find some really good tech articles on leaf springs and angles and all sorts of funky stuff, but it's all circle track stuff.

If you do go for it, get the ones with the bearings, not the bolts that slide on the frame or the plastic bushing type. I tried the bolts first and basically the suspension action just saws the bolts and they don't move very freely. The bearings work great and last forever, and I was amazed at how little stiction there was in the suspension. You could put a couple lbs of pressure on the tailgate and see the suspension move, and it didn't just suddenly jerk, it moved freely, if ever so slightly. They locate the rear as well, almost like putting a panhard bar on a 4 link. If the axle wants to move laterally with these installed, it has to literally bend the springs sideways. They locate the axle laterally much better than shackles with big compliant bushings which just fall over in a corner. The sliders also stopped the horrible nosedive under braking. In fact, do that test. Slam on the brakes a couple times, put the sliders on, and do it again. The difference is amazing. With the sliders, only the front moves down. The rear doesn't come up at all.