HybridZ

suggestions to fix bent tailight area

calvin280zxt

Second the slide hammer, or weld the thread end of a bolt to the metal, and then pull on the head with a pair of vise grips or something (this is what I would do, as I have a welder, but not a slide hammer). Either way it looks like that is something that is going to take some work to get perfect.

Slide hammers , big hammers and angle iron are not the correct way to bring this panel back into alignment. Damage like this needs to be pushed or pulled out with finesse not beat out with brute force. Doing something like this in the garage can be slightly challenging depending on the tools and equipment available. At the shop we would just anchor the car into the frame rack and tack on a tab or two to pull the damage out with the machine. Since this may not be available find a 4x4 that will span the width of the rear strut towers so that the ends of the timber butt up squarely and securely against the towers. You may need two one for the upper edge and another for the lower edge. Cut two 6" 2x4s to place against the damaged area of the rear body panel. Place one at the upper edge of the damaged area the other at the lower. With a small hydraulic ram or screw jack jack the damaged area back to its original position. If done correctly you may have little metal repair to do after the pull/push.

I got it to the right place my way, i know its not perfect but its a hell of a lot better than it was. I have big plans for it any way. Now that the lights point the right direction im going to fix up the rust and put a flat panel there and shave all that uglyness. Ill post some picks tomoro of it fixed. I can cut bend weld bondo and paint but im no hammer And dolly body man so this is my way of

Doing it haha