HybridZ

how do i remove a pilot bearing?

Cool! Thanks, it's a Lisle, I can get them discounted through my wholesale discount at the NAPA store, now that I have a part number.

I would never think of Amazon selling car tools.

Amasing these internets!

Again, thanks!

Big fat FAIL with the dowel for me . . . :lol: I had it snug enough so that I couldn't push it in by hand, had to use a mallet - and still ended up with grease spilling out around the edges with the bushing going nowhere. Oh well. Shopped a few local places (NAPA & Autozone) for a tool with no luck - NAPA didn't have anything, and the autozone tool you can rent was a hair too large to fit inside the bushing. Advance has one that I'm going to check out tomorrow morning, and there's another place called Levine's up in Danbury that supposedly has one as well.

Yeah, I read several bad reviews about that Advance puller, so I didn't even bother checking it out. But I got it out. :) Visited a friend of mine at a nearby Mobil service station to borrow their shop press for the throwout bearing, and he had a slide hammer & custom hook attachment I was able to borrow. It was embarrassingly easy to pop out then.

Edited by Daemione