HybridZ

Street Traction

Tire compound is generally more important then tread width. A 215 BFG Drag Radial will launch harder then a 335 width Sears Roadhandler.

I didn't know Sears made a 335 Roadhandler...hmmmm ;)

What size rim are you running IMO a 215 is kind of on the small side with 400 HP. I was running a 225/45/17 on a 7" rim out back I had the BFG G-force tires est HP was around 400 with a WC-T5 tranny and the 3.7 LSD. Traction= very little at full throttle.

When I took off the cover to see if it was actually an LSD, that's what the stamp said. I was suprised too. I have not heard anyone speak of one. I took a picture of it. When I find it I will post.

Are you aware that the stamp shows the teeth count on the ring and pinion and then you have to divide out to get the ratio? So a 37:11 would be a 3.36, and a 37:10 is a 3.70. Somebody just recently posted about gears from OS Giken I think, and they had a 3:15 ratio but wanted $1500 or something for them. I think for that kind of money I'd be figuring out how to put a Ford 8.8 IRS diff in. All kinds of ratios cheap and lots of limited slip/locker options too, and the housing is aluminum.

Need to use stock springs up front (soft) and heavy springs in the rear.

When the car takes off, you want the front to lift and the back to stay still. Looks very similar to the front staying still and the back squatting, which is bad.

I would use a 100lb difference in spring rate between the front and the rear. This also cures front end plow which most z's suffer from anyways.

So, 230 to 250 lb spring rate in the back and stock springs up front.

Then lastly, fresh rubber on the rear is important. Width has less to do with it. as long as the tires are at least 215's you should be ok.