HybridZ

pictures of S30's with louvers

Im not sure where I originally came across this picture but I sure did like it. It may very well be a Hybrid Z members car.

It's a hybridz members car their are a few pictures of it in one of the post pics of your cars thread I believe I have no idea which one.

thanx for all the pictures guys.

Someone locally here is selling a louver for a 280Z on CL. I want to use it on my Series 1 240z rear hatch. I guess the only way to find out weather or not they will fit is to test fit them on my hatch.

Below is a link to the CL ad; take a look:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/2013858339.html

My car going to be red in color with a black front MSA airdam and black ZG flares. Also my car will have a carbon fiber sparrow tail spoiler. I am hoping to add a rear louver (black) to prevent my carpet from fading in the sun and also giving the car a more aggressive look.

1863_pd1851177_1.jpg

My car had metal louvers on it when i got it and I hated them! They rattled and squeaked and constantly made noise. I removed them when I repainted in 2002.

I'm curious to know if you had any weatherstripping in between them and the car. And if this is a common problem amongst others that ride with louvers?

Yeah, my biggest annoyance is I lost most of my pics so the threads are in bits and pieces now. Being able to have large albums now is nice though.

Mine never rattle or anything. I think the key is fitting snugly against the hatch while some might try to leave a gap thinking that will help but you can't really keep it from bumping. The rivets on mine were loose as well, some even broken off, so fastening them better will reduce flutter in the slats. Perhaps I just can't hear what little noise they make over the sound of the engine ;) It might also help welding them to the center rib with I didn't do (they just have one or two rivets there). They hold tight but can still bounce around a little which I notice when I slam the hatch closed. Also the rubbing right at the joint can slowly wear the paint off.

I don't think there are that many styles, it's just that most aftermarket ones are the pointed metal kind (they all look identical but some mount differently depending on how cheap they are). Then there's the plastic alternative which has it's benefits at the expense of style. The rounded aluminum ones you're seeing were a factory option on the later models if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I liked having my louvers, they were great in rain and snow and Kept the sun out of the car in the summer. I always hated trying to open mine to clean the window. Tiny wingnuts were always getting lost. If I can find a set here, I'll put them on my S30 after paint. They'll fit any S30, as the glass is all the same. There was an aftermarket metal set sometime back that also incorporated a 3rd tailight, but it's been years since I've seen that.

That Blue Z in your pict I think is a Hybridz member here in Albuquerque. Looks sweet, but blown up he's still working on getting paint. If it's the same guy.

Phar