HybridZ

Hatch glass gasket

deja

I just received what is supposed to be a hatch glass gasket for my 280Z. But it looks more like a windshield gasket to me because of the squared off corners. Can anyone confirm this is a hatch gasket or a windshield gasket?

gallery_1163_421_29451.jpg

Edited by deja

Thanks guys. Can I assume the square corners go at the top?

Now all I have to do is get the courage to attempt intalling the glass. I got Safelite to instll a new windshield but they would not install the 33 year old hatch glass. It doesn't look that hard to install but its something I have never done.

That chrome strip was what took most of the time for the Safelite dude. I watched closely how he did all that. I will attempt to put the seal on the glass and install the strip tomorrow.

Yeah, the square edge is for the top corners. I found the rear hatch glass to be easier than the windshield, especially when it comes to putting the chrome trim in the seal.

• 1 year later...

Well i'm glad i came across this. I have a big box of seals i got with some parts i bought. In the box there was what i thought to be 3 windshield seals. I just went out and checked and What it actually was is 2 windshield and one rear hatch seal!!! i was just getting ready to order one when i came across this thread!!! thanks.

Edited by stony