HybridZ

WOW! Lots of ZCar molds!

JSM

He was kicked off forever ago because he screwed people, looks like he still is, and is trying to sell off all his molds to make up some money someone probably came after him for. Not to mention that when buying molds they are only good for so long, you have to justify the cost vs how many you can make/sell off of them, etc...i wouldnt buy anything from him personally, but the only things i would even think about..since the reaction research stuff is copywritten (im pretty sure) would be the imsa stuff as you cant find that anymore, i know a few mold makers here by Dallas that will do fender, hood, front lips, etc molds for $300 or under and with them you could easily make 50-hundreds of parts, looks like alot of overpriced OLD possibly very worn-out/over-used/useless molds to me.

haha, Guessing by the email its 280zForce / Justin Hodges.

Edit: Yup, the link to photobucket uses the 280zforce username.

Good show Watson! Also the CL ad says "My website some of you might be familiar with… http://www.zforceproductions.com" which could definitely be a clue. :P

Copyright? You must mean patented. Which parts are from reaction research, just the ferrari stuff?

It's not that a mold only lasts so long, it's that you have to care for it, and yeah some of these molds don't look like they've been cared for--sitting out in the sun/rain etc. Most are probably neglected for the sheer fact that the parts they make aren't very desirable anyway, but others would definitely be worth looking at. You could probably get them cheaper than asking because I doubt there will be a whole lot of serious interest.

He was kicked off forever ago because he screwed people, looks like he still is, and is trying to sell off all his molds to make up some money someone probably came after him for. Not to mention that when buying molds they are only good for so long, you have to justify the cost vs how many you can make/sell off of them, etc...i wouldnt buy anything from him personally, but the only things i would even think about..since the reaction research stuff is copywritten (im pretty sure) would be the imsa stuff as you cant find that anymore, i know a few mold makers here by Dallas that will do fender, hood, front lips, etc molds for $300 or under and with them you could easily make 50-hundreds of parts, looks like alot of overpriced OLD possibly very worn-out/over-used/useless molds to me.

Don't start bashing the guy when you don't know him. Hybridz isn't the type of forum to do that.

oh im not bashing just stating my opinion since we are in NON TECH and the guy has screwed multiple members, on timelines, taking money upfront, sending them **** products, i could go on....and have plenty of proof, would you like me to post that for you? This is the type of forum for SEARCH-ing, please go SEARCH for his name, Jim Edwards, Paulo, etc these are all useless beings that have proven they dont care about screwing fellow z guys and aparently its been proven since they have been banned/told by mods/etc not to buy from them or BUYER BEWARE based on their pasts. Please prove me wrong, but i/hybridz.org have/has plenty of proof on the matter and you are what...his friend trying to help your buddy out.

Be careful who you defend , especially people like those ive mentioned because they have been proven to not be "upstanding" members/sellers over and over.

sticky, if you looked at his forum you'd see that Justin has actually recently sent out revised control arms, and unless the recipients were just being nice, they seemed satisfied with the revised product. What kind of scammer would do that?

And you are definitely bashing the guy.

oh im not bashing just stating my opinion since we are in NON TECH and the guy has screwed multiple members, on timelines, taking money upfront, sending them **** products, i could go on....and have plenty of proof, would you like me to post that for you? This is the type of forum for SEARCH-ing, please go SEARCH for his name, Jim Edwards, Paulo, etc these are all useless beings that have proven they dont care about screwing fellow z guys and aparently its been proven since they have been banned/told by mods/etc not to buy from them or BUYER BEWARE based on their pasts. Please prove me wrong, but i/hybridz.org have/has plenty of proof on the matter and you are what...his friend trying to help your buddy out.

Be careful who you defend , especially people like those ive mentioned because they have been proven to not be "upstanding" members/sellers over and over.

That's still bashing him. You don't know him and it sounds like you, personally, weren't "screwed over" by him so what you say has no merit. I can't say anything for the people that were supposedly "screwed over" but I know the guy, have met him, and made some hefty purchases through him all without a single glitch.

This thread isn't about Justin or his reputation; it's about the molds he's selling. Got a problem with Justin, talk to him. Don't whine and complain about the guy if you haven't even done business with him.

Agreed, in fact if you read the cl ad, the very reason he states that he is selling it all is because the shops that used them couldn't work with him and his customers on timely delivery. It might not be a very good business practice to use unreliable shops and sell the parts before you have inventory, but that hardly makes him a scammer. And like 723 said, this isn't about the parts he makes, how can a scam even be related to the molds he is selling? If you don't think they are workable, then don't buy them. You shouldn't trust the description in an ad on cl by default anyway, that's why you go see the item and make an accurate judgment. Don't have massive molds shipped to you, don't buy a z from jamaica, you get the idea.

It would be a shame to see the molds go on the scrap heap. I saw them before they left AZ. As with buying anything in this day and age, buyer needs to do his research,contact Arizona Z Car on what to look for. The kit car industry is not doing well right now due to the economy and there is not a lot of demand out there.

All i am saying is from people i do know that got the products, the pictures posted of the horribly MIG welded A-arms, etc like i said BUYER BEWARE and go look at them before purchasing obviously, and bring a fiberglass/mold guy with you. Like it was said above me up there, molds have a "shelf-life" and if not taken care of are useless, especially for the prices he is asking.

On a side note, im sure you will agree that guys you MEET, and do business with RIGHT INFRONT of you, know where they live, live 1/2 hr away, have the ability to go to their house with a baseball bat and bad intentions (if/when they screw you over) tend to treat those people alot different then someone who still paid for parts but lives a few states away, they just write them off. food for thought....but that still isnt anyway to run a business. Most business' dont "make parts to order" because its more expensive that way, Most have them made in BATCHES as in vendors on this forum do and will cut you a deal/make it more worth your while because the supplier/shop/them personally....are making them and will take a lesser percentage because overall they are making more (at once, and not 10% more over a few years, one at a time). And when you are selling things like flares, gnoses, etc etc you normally will have a few laying around/be in the middle of a production run.

It has always sounded to me like he made a few runs, suppliers sucked, but still took money on other purchases saying "theyre doing another run" but actually trying to find another shop to do them (either because quality was bad, they were untimely, or he wanted them made cheaper so he could pocket more cash) at anyrate alot of people got screwed. But i still think that he should have enough cash laying around for a set of 5 of whatever it is he is selling, Doesnt look like thats true, and seems like he is parting his car out/selling molds to pay off some debts.