HybridZ

When is my 240Z build?

Thank you! Very good information! :)

If you imported a Z from the US, you can just check the plate in the door jamb.

- No, it is sold directly to Europe.. Do you know where to find the plate on the European models?

The pictures of the ID plates don't match, they're from different cars. As Owen pointed out, build month/year are on the door jamb plate.

Oh, i can see it :) The one is from my 240Z and the other is from a German spare car (260Z) i once had..

- Same question: Do you know where to find the plate on the European models?

Well, as far as I know, some Zs, like the Fairlady Zs, didn't have a build date stamped anywhere on the car. I don't know if that's also true with european models as well. If there's no plate on the door jamb with a build date, it probably isn't on there. You might try checking your seatbelts if they're original. They should have a date on them somewhere. I know there's other markings that could tell you, but I think the seatbelts might be the easiest.

However, the date on the seatbelt is not necessarily the build date of your car, but it should be close, if not the same.

Edited by rturbo 930

Well, as far as I know, some Zs, like the Fairlady Zs, didn't have a build date stamped anywhere on the car. I don't know if that's also true with european models as well. If there's no plate on the door jamb with a build date, it probably isn't on there. You might try checking your seatbelts if they're original. They should have a date on them somewhere. I know there's other markings that could tell you, but I think the seatbelts might be the easiest.However, the date on the seatbelt is not necessarily the build date of your car, but it should be close, if not the same.

Okay.. :) - I will take a look at my seat belt now, i think they are original :)

according to that site, your Z is between Jan and Sept 71'post-4150-063816400 1292879741_thumb.jpg

Oh yes, i can see :) Thank you!

Edited by Danish240Z