HybridZ

Best donor vehicle for weatherpack style electrical connectors?

hoov100

I know the word "best" goes down like a fart in church around here, but for those of us who have built wiring harnesses from scratch what do you think is the best donor vehicle for weatherpack/deutsch/metripack...etc type connectors at the junkyard? I am building yet another wiring harness for a couple race cars and a couple street cars and need a few connectors.

I bit the bullet and assembled my own kit from Waytek Wire They also have the Metri pack stuff.

The down side was I had to order full bags of everything. The upside is the price is right and you always have connectors on hand.

This and my large nut and bolt assortment were a couple of the best time saving purchases I've made.

Derek

With rarity have I found decent used connectors. Most are hard and brittle due to the harsh environment they must live in. If you're going through the trouble to fab up your own harness it is well worth your time and money to invest in new parts. A quick web search of 'weatherpack connector kits' will provide several sources of parts. The price paid is well worth the peace of mind. Trying to resolve wiring issues because of pinching pennies will only leave you regretful IMHO.

DIYAutoTune.com has a couple fairly extensive WeatherPack kits that look somewhat reasonable in price. Haven't done much research on this though so I don't really know how fair the prices are.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/weather-pack-kits-c-74.html?osCsid=1eacfa012054f08cb2df33621216d8dd

Edited by calpoly-z