HybridZ

Tokico 280Z rear shock spacer?

Yes, I searched!

I'm in the middle of swapping in Tokico HP shocks & springs (used). The seller did not include any hardware, and the rear shocks (HZ3013) are about 3" SHORTER <_< , than the Gabriels they're replacing, without the spacer they (apparently) are supposed to come with (which I did not receive). Does anyone have a picture of the spacer, or the sizes of it? It looks like I will have to fabricate my own. I'm guessing that pipe wouldn't be the best to use, and am considering using some solid steel dowel from a local metal supply place. I finally got the damn spindle pins out, and this is now holding me up! :angry:

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by Matt K

So...what I wound up using was a piece of pipe, cut to length, with thick washers welded to either end.

When we bought our new Tokico Blues (F&R), the rears had a pipe (tube) welded on as a spacer. It was about 2 inches tall and 2 inches in diameter. I'm only guessing here. We installed them a few years ago.

Matt-

Sorry for not responding...didn't see your thread until today. It sounds like you've got the problem licked, but if you run into any other suspension or drivetrain issues, John Coffey of BetaMotorsports is a wizard and always happy to help with technical info/advice. He's also very quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls, which is really nice. Good luck.

r/John

Matt-

Sorry for not responding...didn't see your thread until today. It sounds like you've got the problem licked, but if you run into any other suspension or drivetrain issues, John Coffey of BetaMotorsports is a wizard and always happy to help with technical info/advice. He's also very quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls, which is really nice. Good luck.

r/John

I replied to Matt's PM a few days ago. Thanks.

I used TOKICO HZ3012 for the front and HZ3013 for the rear. They did NOT come with spacers for the rear or bump stops for the front I picked up 88-715 bump stops from Black Dragon and spacers 23-4186 from zcarparts.com.

Our Tokico's did not come with bump stops either. Fortunately for us out polyurethane bushing kit included new bump stops.