HybridZ

First Mexican Car

djbit

I've met some of the team (Marketing & Chief engineer) during Paris autoshow this year. The crew was very nice & full of motivation, I had a great time talkinig to them, I felt the passion behind the speech; we went far into technical discussions - way deeper than any regular car dealer would ever talk.

I had the opportunity to see the car quite well, it was during press days so I had access to everything at that time.

Car looks good, specs seem interresting but it looks like a kit car such as the cars you see around the track where show quality is most of the time not the target. If it is welle engineered and price is correct - why not!

I've met some of the team (Marketing & Chief engineer) during Paris autoshow this year. The crew was very nice & full of motivation, I had a great time talkinig to them, I felt the passion behind the speech; we went far into technical discussions - way deeper than any regular car dealer would ever talk.

I had the opportunity to see the car quite well, it was during press days so I had access to everything at that time.

Car looks good, specs seem interresting but it looks like a kit car such as the cars you see around the track where show quality is most of the time not the target. If it is welle engineered and price is correct - why not!

That's neat you did that! Yes, as I looked at the pictures and videos I see how this could be a kit car. You can see the Haltech ECU, K&N filter, and Aeromotive FPR in some videos. I read on their web site that this car will be available to the US market in kit form only. The silver and black looks sweet. I give these guys props for having the balls to do this with all the negative news coming out of Mex lately.

If they had a genuinely negative opinion of the car, they would have berated the car itself, and not its national origin. The fact that the insults were directed against Mexico is a sort of back-handed compliment on the car.

I like simplicity. If I have to get a psychology degree to figure out what their intent was then I'm watching the wrong show. lol

You can't BS me. The first Mexican car was the Adobe. I remember seeing it advertised on Saturday Night Live many years ago. I think John Belushi was the spokesman.:)

One of my all time favorite skits of all time

Your so right! I love that skit as well, lol.

Reading the Dallas car group page the comment form the Joshey guy about the others arguing with two goats (his avatar pic) had me giggling as I thought about joining and quoting his post with a copy of the photo I loaded onto my facebook an hour or so ago...

4 goats hanging in the meat locker here, minus heads, feet and guts.

The Mastretta company makes 2 other cars according to Wikipedia, both are straight kit cars, so offering a factory-assembled car instead of a kit isn't a big step up. All the new car is, is a kit car assembled at the factory...

When all is said and done, it's still just a kit car, no matter who bolts the kit together.

It's always that way at the beginning, when the Engineers are involved...

Then the 'business matures' and 'other forces' take over production realities... :(

It's always that way at the beginning, when the Engineers are involved...

Then the 'business matures' and 'other forces' take over production realities... :(

That's so true...

Frustrations from my early years from mechanical eng. who wanted to make forged aluminum suspension parts to end up with cast iron stuff still exists... (except on Cobalt SS and the new SRX where I have fun doing the rear lower control arm hollow in Aluminum - it's my very own design :) Very proud of it :D )