HybridZ

Front Wheel Not Centered

I did a search but did not come up with much information. I installed my Rota wheels yesterday to get ready to do my flare installation. Well I noticed an issue with my passenger side wheel being too close to the front of the fender. I had the suspension out of the car to install new strut cartridges. Does anybody think that when I reinstalled everything that I messed up this adjustment at the compression rod? Will I be able to pull the wheel back by the compression rod?? Here are the pics to show you what I mean.

passenger side.

Picture086.jpg

Driver side

Picture087.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Can you see a difference from the end of the nuts to the end of the threads on the compression rods, by comparing both sides?. Nut might not be tightened up all the way. Maybe extra parts on that compression rod.

I didn't have time yesterday to check. I will check next time I am there.

1. Check to make sure you installed the LCA bushings correctly. The longer part of the bushing goes behind the LCA.

2. Make sure the TC rods are installed correctly and torqued as specified in the FSM.

3. Set the front toe.

I might have made the mistake and swapped the bushings. Thanks I will check.

• 3 years later...

Assuming the body isn't bent, the strut top and lca bushing are in the same place on both sides, so hanging freely would make them equidistant... the problem has to be the compression rod, either the bushings aren't torqued down, some washers are on the wrong spots, something.

As stated above, check your lca bushings and t/c rod installation but also take a look at the condition of your lca. One of mine had two pretty good dents in it. I didn't think much of it and wire brushed, painted and installed new bushings. The impact (s) that caused the dents also bent the arm about 1/2" making my horizontal wheel spacing that much different. Our cars are plus/minus 40 years old and have seen who knows what kind of abuse.

I still have rub marks on the inside front of my fenderwell from when I broke a TC rod while parallel parking.  Without the TC rod, there's not much keeping the control arm from moving back and forth.  Everything is rubber-mounted.