HybridZ

VIDEO of RB30, I got some more done

big-phil

I just dropped gobs of money on a a manifold that wont suck. There sure is a surplus on after market RB gear, but like the L series you have to spend some bucks to do it right. The Chinese eBay stuff is no bueno.

Looking good so far Phil.

Edited by jakeoster

It looks good so far ! Should be a fun engine thats for sure. You should be just fine with that manifold, I have run one that is very similar for 3 years on my 25 and it is holding up fine. I did have to modify the wastegate runner and the turbo flange for my build just as a heads up.

Alot of the chinese stuff is okay, as long as its a simple part, headers, intercoolers, intake manifolds etc, the fit and finish is crap but it gets the job done with a bit of work. Besides at the end of the day I could buy 5 of those manifolds for the price of one Full Race or similar piece.

Edited by Canadianz

Anyone got a Cliff's of that video? Was the engine running?

Nearly there; it's showing the mods one must do to fit an RB25 head to an RB30 block. It ends with him stabbing it into the S14 chassis.

===================

I wonder why the PO even bothered putting on the manifold and spending the money going with an external gate when the turbo isn't much bigger then the stock one.

Edited by jakeoster