HybridZ

Short R200 Axle length

Neverdone

Hello all,

I've been searching around for a quite a while on Hybrid Z and on the rest of the internet, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm trying to convert my 240z over to CV joints using a Q45's shortnose R200. I plan on making these myself as I have access to heavy machinery and skilled welders to attach the plate the companion flange side

R230_rotate.jpg

I'm glad Ross provides this service for those who don't, but I don't need it.

What I DO need however, is the length of the axle shafts to go between the Q45's inner CV joints that I will be bolting up. Every seems to say, "I got mine at Moser Engineer" Or, "I got mine at Speedway Engineering", and that's great...but what did you actually ask for?

I can find the info on how thick the shaft should be and even how many splines are on it simple enough (I can always just go outside and measure with a caliper if I need to), but the length is something alluded me.

I've heard the two shafts are of different lengths as well due to the R200 being offset to one side.

If no one knows this info, or has it written down, or doesn't feel like disassembling their CV axle, even the compressed or extended length of the axle all put together would be of benefit.

Thanks for the help hopefully!

Edited by Neverdone

• 1 year later...