HybridZ

What Size Diamond Racing Wheel

I am going to be ordering some diamond racing wheels here pretty soon and was looking to run a 15x10 all around on a 75 with zg flares. I am just looking for anyone on here that has done so and would like to know what backspace/offset you ran and pictures of said car would be great too.

What sort of suspension are you running in your car? Diamond racing wheels or not when you run a 15" wheel on stockish suspension you are fairly limited in how much backspacing you can run in these cars. The obvious issue is rubbing on the lower spring perch. I have 0 offset (so roughly 3.5" backspacing) 15x7 panasports and clear the spring perch by roughly .5"... maybe less. If you go with coilovers, you probably gain quite a bit of backspacing but I think you may start having issues with the wheel rubbing the chassis and/or the TC rods at full lock.

I just got a set of diamond racing wheels (in 15x7) and have found an additional issue. I run toyota calipers with vented 300zx rotors. The diamond racing wheel face rubs on the most inner of the 3 large ribs on the front of the caliper. You get can around this by running a wheel spacer or grinding off quite a bit of material of the caliper. Not a big deal but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n

Because no one makes a 15 wider than 225 anymore that ISN'T a drag radial, besides R888's in 235.

I'd kill if someone reproduce 235-275 street tires, oh well, involuntary stretch for me.

225= 8.9 inches might as well get a 9 inch wheel, xxr has 002s in 15x9 0 offset now. That's what I'm planning on using at this season at ASR with nt01s. I mean if you planning or just driving around in a non jackass matter its not gonna hurt, but running a stretched tire in spirited mode a little tire deflection could make it come off the bead and lead to some fun.

Yea I know what you mean, like I said I have to stretch out of necessity, the wheels I got were one of a kind and WAY to awesome to pass up for the price. 50 series is a pretty fat side wall though and I think it's a rather mild stretch, I wouldn't really expect it to debead like some of these other crazy guys who stretch 35 series on 18's and 19's. I really wanted to go with the 235's, but I that would have tallied out to nearly $800 for R-Compound tires that who knows long would have lasted and would've been interesting in the rain.

I still plan on trying them one day when I have more money than sense, but I really just needed something reasonably priced and streetable at the moment.

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

you will not have a single issue whatsoever running a 4.5BS on stock suspension.

if you really want to be baller get 15x8 with 2in of backspacing. They are lighter than the 10 by a million pounds and you wont have to worry about stretching your tires. oh and they will clear your stock suspension just fine...

there is a guy on here running them with ZG flares just cant think of his name just search diamond racing and you will see it. I asked for his specs awhile back but he no longer goes on this site.

• 2 weeks later...