HybridZ

HybridZ search engine woes...

zredbaron

Many users have no doubt probably already figured this out, but I have only recently resorted to google.

Case in point, I recently had a hard time finding the jmortensen's "Bumpsteer FAQ."

At the time, I was adamant that HybridZ's search engine didn't find it at all. Now, when attempting to duplicate, it shows up as like the 15th result, and now when I type it in, it goes right to the thread. Weird. (Is HybridZ self aware, too? LOL)

To the point, if you type in "bump steer faq" (i.e. with a space), you get nothing. The easiest solution is google.com!

If you type "hybridz bumpsteer faq" or "hybridz bump steer faq" into google, it's the first result.

Search woes solved... if the HybridZ search function isn't giving you love, try google before starting a new post!

I have found out if you are searching threads and you are currently in a thread you have searched and searched for new keywords, it will search the thread you were just in, Just search again and it will bring up the new results. Its a handy tool if you are looking for keywords in a thread and don't want to read through tons of posts.

For a site that encourages encourages searching (I,m in agreement) hybridz search engine blows. I've searched for stuff I know I saw the day before even using title key words and got no results. The old site had a Google search box incorporated and it seemed to work a lot better.

Derek