HybridZ

Yet Another Z no longer on the Road...

JSM

Well I sold my old car almost a year ago. I got my full asking price of 7K which was nice considering I only had $3500 in her! There was lots of money tied up in her, luckily it wasn't mine!

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/85320-1973-datsun-240z-very-clean-orlando-fl-7000/

Being that it's been almost a year since her demise and the previous owner doesn't come on anymore, I figured I would post some pics. This was two weeks after she was sold. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I know the owner was young 17 and a tree was involved. Luckily for him he insured it for 10K and the insurance company totaled it. I tried my hardest to buy her back to no avail.

If anyone runs across the car please let me know.

Crash3.jpg

Crash1.jpg

Crash2.jpg

Edited by JSM

2 weeks ehh....hmmm sounds like he made a quicker 3k off the ins....scam anyone?

17 year old dumb enough to hit a tree dead on..? Yeah that sounds right. ;)

17 year old smart enough to commit an insurance scam..? Not likely. -_-

Car looks like it was real clean before the accident, plenty of usefull parts waiting to be swapped over to a straight shell. Hope someone finds it and at least save some of it from the crusher!

most of the time there isnt a "deductible" if it is classic car insurance for a "stated value" my dad spun his out, over a curb into a tree (sideways), and got all of his policy....you "pay" for it to have a stated value and fault isnt normally an issue (they can drop you whenever though) and most make you pay based on milage etc, and you have to have another DAILY car with full coverage for them to pick you up....atleast thats how my dads was.

Since I'm guessing it was a 1 car accident, the fault will most likely be 100% on the driver of the car, unless the tree can speak and say it jumped in front of him. So it's 10,000 - whatever deductible.

Yep exactly right. He had a 1K deductible. His was w/State farm. Standard insurance if I recall.

• 2 weeks later...