HybridZ

Want narrower rear track width, what are my options?

What are my options when I want a shorter rear track width and would like to keep my wheels? I need about 1 inch shorter rear track width to reduce understeer (can't space out the front wheels as that would give me clearance issues).

Is there a adjustable rear control arm for sale out there that allows me to do this? I've searched and found many adjustable rear control arms that allows to increase track width, but not the other way around.

My car is a 77 280z lowered by Arizona Zcar coilovers.

Thanks!

Edited by HaaJeHaa

Most adjustable rear LCAs will allow a reduction in rear track width but I don't think you can get a 1" reduction. Its better to leave rear track as is and increase front track width. Roll your front fenders or do a simple flare.

Love the wheels that I'm running, but it is a option. I know a wider front track than rear track reduces understeer. I see Arizona Zcar and zforceproductions sells adjustable rear control arms, maybe buy a set and send it to my local welder for modification?

Thanks! More opinions welcome. 1 inch was just a number, testing testing testing will give me an exact number, more like 1/4" I think.. The problem is that the track width increases when lowered compared to stock. Would like stock track width when lowered.

I could do it the easy way and go for flares, but as the looks of the car is also important (it's a show car that balance on form and function), I have to do modifications in a way that allows the car to be a fast great handling car and also a pretty model. Fenders are already pulled and rolled, but I don't like the looks of the flares;)

Edited by HaaJeHaa