HybridZ

Gas pedal won't fully open throttle

I realized today while looking under the hood that my gas pedal only opens the throttle about half-way. I destroyed some throttle cable (lucky there's a lot) re-mounting it to the throttle body before I realized there's an adjustable nut beneath the gas pedal, on the floor. I completely removed that nut, and then found out that I was still getting the same amount of throttle travel - there's increased stress that can be felt after some pedal travel, but the throttle does not open any more. Pushing the cable through the guide results in the same, as if there's an internal stop.

I'm using the stock pedal, stock LS1 throttle, and a Lokar throttle cable.

I realized today while looking under the hood that my gas pedal only opens the throttle about half-way. I destroyed some throttle cable (lucky there's a lot) re-mounting it to the throttle body before I realized there's an adjustable nut beneath the gas pedal, on the floor. I completely removed that nut, and then found out that I was still getting the same amount of throttle travel - there's increased stress that can be felt after some pedal travel, but the throttle does not open any more. Pushing the cable through the guide results in the same, as if there's an internal stop.

I'm using the stock pedal, stock LS1 throttle, and a Lokar throttle cable.

I had to remove the pedal (3 screws that bolt it to the firewall), then bend the top of the shaft where the cable connects further toward the rear of the car... had to do it a couple times before I got it perfect...