HybridZ

RB Help needed.

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

calling all RB Gurus your assistance is needed. hello guys im new to the forum as well as Z's and RB motors. Im a former honda man converted. anyway, as you can see from the pictures im embarking on a new project. i must say its a little intimidating seeing that i know nothing of this beautiful motor besides the common information. but hey its all the same concept...right...? as you can see the motor came semi disassembled, the problem is its also missing miscellaneous nuts bolts mostly intake and exhaust and im sure other nuts and bolts are missing that im not aware of yet. as soon as i can figure out what goes where how do i go about replacing these nuts and bolts?? better yet how can i figure out whats size bolts they are or whats missing? im sure the service manual which i have already ordered will tell me where the bolts are but will they tell specifically what bolt types they are? i would really like OEM replacements NOT home depot. any help with this information would be greatly appreciated as this is the only thing holding me back from continuing my project. also any local guys in the area that could help with this project would be great.

Welcome ! Where in Cali are you ? The header on the engine looks pretty custom and expensive. Don't forget to upgrade your brakes and suspension too.

I'm almost doing the same swap, I'm going to be using a RB20 or Rb25. The reason I'm considering using a RB20 is because I have a friend with a Rb20 that's putting out 450whp and I keep finding RB20's pretty cheap.

I don't think you have too hard of time finding those parts here in Cali.

Welcome ! Where in Cali are you ? The header on the engine looks pretty custom and expensive. Don't forget to upgrade your brakes and suspension too.

I'm almost doing the same swap, I'm going to be using a RB20 or Rb25. The reason I'm considering using a RB20 is because I have a friend with a Rb20 that's putting out 450whp and I keep finding RB20's pretty cheap.

I don't think you have too hard of time finding those parts here in Cali.

thanks guys i actually have all the stock parts just missing the little things such as nuts and bolts. and yes the the turbo manifold is from LoveFab, it came with the swap. im also located in 909 area of california. it looks like you're pretty close to me. yea guys any ideas where i can replace these nuts and bolts would be great.

pdf sent. i think i have the bolts too. i replaced all my stuff with stainless.

edit.. i would put some frame rails in there too so you dont bend the chassis.... bad dog frame rails.

Edited by ZT-R

Let me check with some of my goto guys and I'll get back to you !

Yeah, I live in Victorville off the 15fwy in the high desert, not far at all.

Edited by Daz

I changed all my bolts to allen heads from ace hardware. most of the small bolts are M6 and M8 with 1.25 pitch in different lengths. I would be much easier the just replace those missing stuff from a hardware store than searching for oem. I would like the lovefab manifold if you decide to go stock. good luck

Good looking start! That turbo manifold looks intense!

I've ordered a good amount of OE parts from West Covina Nissan aka thenismoshop.com. They carry quite a few RB parts. The website also has the service manuals in pdf form in their resources section.

If you know the fasteners you need, I'm sure you can go to a local Nissan dealer and get bolts from them. There are standard lengths and sizes that all vehicles share. It probably won't be cheap though but Class 10.9 or 12.9 fasteners aren't what I would call cheap at Ace Hardware either.

What kind of engine management are you planning on running? stock? Power FC?

Good looking start! That turbo manifold looks intense!

I've ordered a good amount of OE parts from West Covina Nissan aka thenismoshop.com. They carry quite a few RB parts. The website also has the service manuals in pdf form in their resources section.

If you know the fasteners you need, I'm sure you can go to a local Nissan dealer and get bolts from them. There are standard lengths and sizes that all vehicles share. It probably won't be cheap though but Class 10.9 or 12.9 fasteners aren't what I would call cheap at Ace Hardware either.

What kind of engine management are you planning on running? stock? Power FC?

Sweet! Thanks for the info I will look into that. And yea the swap came with a pretty sweet mani from LoveFab along with a brand new AEM EMS. Now I'm just trying to familiarize my self with the motor and replace what's missing. A little intimidating since I have never messed with this motor and I don't know anyone else with an RB to use as a reference and a little help. Are you running an RB as well?

wtf who did you buy your swap from? might wanna do a compression test. thats like 4 grand just for ems and manifold

$1800 for the headers alone ! How much did you pay for the engine ? Compression check would be a good thing to do !

Edited by Daz

wtf who did you buy your swap from? might wanna do a compression test. thats like 4 grand just for ems and manifold

That's exactly why I picked up the motor it was too good of a deal! I picked it up from a pretty well known guy which is all over a lot of different forums such as nicoclub as well HybridZ. Not only did it come with the BRAND NEW manifold which is V banded (more expensive) it came with NEW AEM EMS, Tial wasegate, TiAL BOV, spec 4 clutch and flywheel along with McKinney mounts for S13 (which I don't need), z32 tranny mated RB bell housing. All brand new for 6K!! I had to buy it... even if the motor doesn't work for whatever reason which I'm sure it does I still got my money worth! Were talkin close to 6k in NEW, unused, still in box parts alone. And yes I should do a compression check soon I'll keep you guys updated.

Edited by Jimmy Trinh

crazy, nice find. i have a decent basemap if you are using a map sensor on your setup. im running stock injectors at the moment. cranking only right now but maybe i will be tuned by the time your ready.

crazy, nice find. i have a decent basemap if you are using a map sensor on your setup. im running stock injectors at the moment. cranking only right now but maybe i will be tuned by the time your ready.

Thanks, honestly have no idea when I'll be ready but I definitely appreciate it.

I know it's a long shot but I have all the components for the stock twins: manifolds, turbos oil and water lines, inlet tubes, etc.. if your interested, i'll put up some cash along with all the components for the manifold.

I'm in need of one.

Abes

I know it's a long shot but I have all the components for the stock twins: manifolds, turbos oil and water lines, inlet tubes, etc.. if your interested, i'll put up some cash along with all the components for the manifold.

I'm in need of one.

Abes

Yeeeaa... No. The manifold is half the reason why I bought it. Sorry dude.

Looks like a clean chassis man and a load of good parts... ill be watching this one, good luck with the project!

Hey what's up RS, yea hopefully I could get this project as clean as yours, I love the Sick piece on the spark plug cover pretty nice touch. I notice your in socal maybe I could use your motor as a reference to help put my motor back to running condition as I'm pretty new and lost when it comes to this motor. I could use all the help I can get. Anybody else living in socal or surrounding the 909 area willing to lend a helping hand would be greatly appreciated. Mostly just need help putting it back together.