HybridZ

Building up an L28ET

JacktheRiffer

Stock manual transmissions work well at those torque levels.

Don't tell him that! Lol the Nissan L trannies are made of glass. I've destroyed one with a flattop n/a setup and im waiting to pop the current one. Still breaking he engine in but as soon as I turn up the boost I'm positive it's gonna grenade. I'm going the hoke z32 trans route but if you are on a budget I would at least do the sx swap. Also don't waste your money on the intercooler you linked. Just get an eBay Intercooler and piping. It's way cheaper.

Don't tell him that! Lol the Nissan L trannies are made of glass. I've destroyed one with a flattop n/a setup and im waiting to pop the current one. Still breaking he engine in but as soon as I turn up the boost I'm positive it's gonna grenade. I'm going the hoke z32 trans route but if you are on a budget I would at least do the sx swap.

Well that's news to me.

Stock manual transmissions work well at those torque levels.

Don't tell him that! Lol the Nissan L trannies are made of glass. I've destroyed one with a flattop n/a setup and im waiting to pop the current one. Still breaking he engine in but as soon as I turn up the boost I'm positive it's gonna grenade. I'm going the hoke z32 trans route but if you are on a budget I would at least do the sx swap. Also don't waste your money on the intercooler you linked. Just get an eBay Intercooler and piping. It's way cheaper.

Either check your driving style or pull your trans and inspect it before using it. PLENTY of guys have had their trans live above 300whp just fine. It's the guys shooting beyond that with issues. Big phil is a classic example. He didn't have serious transmission issues until he'd already been running over 300whp and then kept turning up the boost. He was also smart enough to have inspected the trans and run quality oil in it too thought. Garrett was also running big HP on the stock trans for a long time. Search around, 300 rarely equals Z32 trans upgrade. IMO, that conversion is just added weight. Keep the weight down, don't shock load the trans, and keep it all in good working order and you should be rewarded with a trans that's happy and lives for a long time.

• 1 month later...

Dang, I guess I stepped on some poeples feet with my comment. Sorry bout' that guys. Gollum is right though, My trans was in poor condition from the PO but im sure I didnt help either. My trans upgrade is for future upgrades and dropping the clutch without worry for the trans.

Dang, I guess I stepped on some poeples feet with my comment. Sorry bout' that guys. Gollum is right though, My trans was in poor condition from the PO but im sure I didnt help either. My trans upgrade is for future upgrades and dropping the clutch without worry for the trans.

No offense here, just providing a counter point to your post

Sometimes for every one person with a failed setup there's 20 more without issue

That doesn't invalidate the one, its just nice for people to have a complete picture.