HybridZ

LS1 or LS2 motor into 240z - Budget wise.

I know this subject has been beaten into the ground but, what overall have members spent on the install kits and who do you guys use for the install kits ? And on the engine side of things what is the the SLP package on some of the throttle by cable motors that is on the air box on the camaro's with the LS1 motors. Is it a better or worth the cost to get a LS2 motor over the LS1 ? 

Thanks 

Go join LS1tech.com to find out about the SLP stuff. We usually just use some cold air arrangement like the JCI kit to go thru the radiator support. Those SLP kits are pretty much f-body kits. I have an LS2-it is not worth it-you have to change to an LS1 oil pan and alternator. These cars are so fast that the extra 50hp is kind of lost in the averages. Interestingly, I was getting soundly beaten by a well driven L28 equipped z with better tires. This conversion only makes the car faster if you can keep it pointed in a straight line (which is harder than you may think).

Just wanted to get info on what you guys have spend on buying a complete lock and stock 6sp LS1 complete motor. with all of the parts. 

EBAY= EBAYMART..................there are low miles for high $$$$$ and high miles for low $$$.  :icon44:

I'm replacing all but the shell, glass, and the dash lol.  Should be fun and reliable.  5.3 from an Avalanche and a TR6060 from an '11 Camaro SS.  $13k isn't that bad for almost a brand new car with the performance it'll have.

Edited by EastTnZ

How do you spend $13000 on an ls1 t56 swap. Im completely amazed must be one nasty car.

Very easy, it is all on the level that you want , low $ a nice rat rod, high $ a show piece , 13K+or- is only the initial cost on many Z's with an LS1. My Cali 72 total cost when built went over 50K  :icon12:

Edited by PLATA

Love the videos!  I can't wait to get mine on the road in the next month or so.  Yeah it's adding up with full new suspension, bushings, mm adapters 300ZXT cv's, wheels, tires, brakes, mounts, fuel etc... I could go on forever but yeah mostly new and sanding the undercarriage and cleaning it all up it'll be fun.  Yeah over $10k in 6 months and no driving yet is killing me.

Yeah traction is the issue with these cars it seems.  You need a rematch with the camaro on the track or stickier surface!

Either way both cars scream 'MERICA!!!  (I see the parts store will no longer warranty your u-joints! That gives me hope to keep building mine!)