HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

Saved about hundred bucks going custom with nice flowmaster muffler, sounds amazing but the phone speakers can't handle it for a decent video lol.  shop made some heat sheilds off exhaust to protect fuel cell and rubber bushings.   The finished exhaust woke the motor up too...... this thing just rips.  traction is problem made worse with colder weather/asphalt  now..... Best decsion I've made in a long time was this swap.  I'm very happy with intial results.  time to finish up details as time and cash allows, but for now I'm having a blast.  Gauge update:  It will cost way more to make the datsun stuff work than to buy new.  I think I'm going to go with speedhuts.....

post-38304-0-89866300-1446736766_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-90429100-1446736782_thumb.jpg

I looked at the speedhut too..... just not clear on what the ideal size is for speedo and tach.  What did you use?

I think I used the 4.5" also. Here's how I mounted them.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/114638-1978-280z-gto-ls1-t56-ttt/page-5

post 90, nice solid fit.

I ended up leaving the Datsun glass out of it, because using both gave too much of a glare sometimes.

Edited by socorob

Looking at the exhaust, past it actually, the Mustache bar looks non stock. Did you swap out the diff too?  

Just to make sure I understand, the kit purchased was the CXR up to the Y pipe and then standard muffler shop stuff from the Y back to a flow master out the back?    Again nice work, congrats.  Richard. 

Yes Richard you are correct.  I swapped out the diff for a R200 LSD 3:70 and used the Arizona Bar. im in the process of ordering a better mount for the front of the diff as the "strap" is allowing the diff to move to much under load.   In hindsight, I placed my fuel cell cloer to the axel for weight distribution and impact protection from the rear...... but I'm not sure the full CX kit from the Y back would have fit with my set up.  Having the shop build the custom pipe kept clearance to a premimum, gave me a choice of muffler, and the straightest line possible to improve flow.   I really have to get some decent video for you guys to enjoy the sound.... Your turn Richard, get-er-done. lol

So far I have the center section of the 8.8 mocked up.  Trying not to spend a billion dollars getting it to go to the outers.  Tried to put the T bird Hub in the Datsun hub, fail, not going to fit.  So now I am trying to figure out plan B.  Motor and trans are ready, no kit yet.  Richard. 

LOL. Thanks keith.  I'm in the home stretch.... car is roadworthy and I drive it weather permitting.  Just working on the fine tunning go fast parts.  Gauges are ordered, new front diff mount on it's way.  Other than body and paint she is done...... but they are  never really done.