HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
PLATA

Z VETTE has a new caretaker, SKYLINE on the way.

PLATA    18

Time to change the signature!

Congratulations on the purchase, I hope to join the Skyline owners circle myself someday.

Not yet, there might be a silver CALI Z coming my way, plus suffering from sellers remorse.

PLATA    18

Congrats Plata. What's the cost to buy 4 dr and transport?

The cost, lots of variables, these legal to import are either all ragged out by a Nippon teen or well cared for, prices all over the board from 4500$ to 15000$, transport fees are negotiable at various Japanese ports from 900$ to 2000$, and there are lots of paper work to get done, all with fees. FWIW Edited by PLATA

PLATA    18

If you don't mind telling,,,,,, what did you get for the Z?  Wondering if you helped the market prices or if you kept them the same...

Let's put it this way, I was not selling it, got a very good coin for it, but to build a duplicate what I got will be a bit off.

ihiryu    5

Hey Lee, this is a little off topic, but I did some research for you.

So you'll end up using the Turbo stuff from the DET motor (Turbo/manifold, crossover pipe that has the factory blow off valve), there are provisions for the oil drain, feed, and coolant hoses, but they are either blocked off, or need to be drilled and tapped (i've read that some blocks have it capped off, and some need to be drilled and tapped for it).  

You'll need also need the ECU and MAF sensor (the injectors are the same size).  So it's virtually plug and play.  There's no wiring involved, you just unplug the stock ECU, and MAF, and replaced with the turbo versions.  So everything you do is actually on the mechanical side of it all.  You're compression is a bit higher (I've read two separate sources saying 9.5, and 10:1), but everyone seems to agree that you can run that same setup on 6-8 PSI, on the stock intercooler, and people say as high as 10-11 with a good fuel pump, and front mount intercooler.

CX Racing makes a really nice intercooler, and I can source a Walbro 255 fuel pump.  

Edited by ihiryu

PLATA    18

Hey Lee, this is a little off topic, but I did some research for you.

So you'll end up using the Turbo stuff from the DET motor (Turbo/manifold, crossover pipe that has the factory blow off valve), there are provisions for the oil drain, feed, and coolant hoses, but they are either blocked off, or need to be drilled and tapped (i've read that some blocks have it capped off, and some need to be drilled and tapped for it).

You'll need also need the ECU and MAF sensor (the injectors are the same size). So it's virtually plug and play. There's no wiring involved, you just unplug the stock ECU, and MAF, and replaced with the turbo versions. So everything you do is actually on the mechanical side of it all. You're compression is a bit higher (I've read two separate sources saying 9.5, and 10:1), but everyone seems to agree that you can run that same setup on 6-8 PSI, on the stock intercooler, and people say as high as 10-11 with a good fuel pump, and front mount intercooler.

CX Racing makes a really nice intercooler, and I can source a Walbro 255 fuel pump.////////////::::::: My friend that is the topic here , a baby Godzilla sedan, thanks for the . info,it may be the logical thing to do and delete the whole engine swap, wonder what will be the cost involved ?, waiting here for this JDM TOY. BTW this is the look that I'm aiming for>>>

post-36683-0-05894500-1441240691_thumb.jpg Edited by PLATA