- - - - -

Stainless steel headers, exhaust and JDM twin-pipe rear muffler

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 74Adam

74Adam
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

No kidding? Well if it was standard on my 78 someone took it off. Interesting.

#22 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

This 280Z in question is a 1978 also.

Can't imagine why anyone would remove yours - the weight saved is negligible but it happens with 240Z stone guards under the rad - people remove them for maintenance and then forget or don't see the real value then their kid cycles over it, it gets left out in the yard, rusts and eventually binned :-) !

#23 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:32 PM

One of my 1 3/4 full-race headers with a Zstory exhaust (std rear muffler) on the ex-Paul Ricard circuit :

https://www.youtube....1&v=KSiGA_cBBS4

Thanks Samuel.

#24 gacksen

gacksen
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:41 PM

One of my 1 3/4 full-race headers with a Zstory exhaust (std rear muffler) on the ex-Paul Ricard circuit :

https://www.youtube....1&v=KSiGA_cBBS4

Thanks Samuel.

looks like the guys had some fun :)

thx for sending over the header. have received it in the meantime but could not put it in yet.

#25 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

The street-sport header !

Attached Files

#26 1 tuff z

1 tuff z
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

Sean, been following your thread and am thrilled you've started this venture.  Great alternative for the Z community.  Below is what I'm interested in for my 1972 right drive Fairlady Z-L.  Can you provide a price quote please, shipped to Rochester, NY, USA 14167

1 5/8" primary pipe Street-sport header [for the E31 square port head] with full 2.5" exhaust line and JDM twin-exit rear muffler.

Thanks,

David

David
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly.  Racing's important to men who do it well.  When you're racing, it... it's life.  Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  1971 film "Le Mans"  driver Michael Delaney, played by Steve McQueen

#27 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:15 AM

Hi David and thanks for the kind words.

Tried PM-ing you but it doesn't work, either empty your box or email me please : seanz@wanadoo.fr

#28 1 tuff z

1 tuff z
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:52 AM

Sean, tidied my pm inbox so there's room now and emailed you as well.  Looking forward to your reply!

Hi David and thanks for the kind words.

Tried PM-ing you but it doesn't work, either empty your box or email me please : seanz@wanadoo.fr

David
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly.  Racing's important to men who do it well.  When you're racing, it... it's life.  Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  1971 film "Le Mans"  driver Michael Delaney, played by Steve McQueen

#29 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

I emailed 'don_tups'....but without a response.

This is the message I get when I try to PM you : The member 1 tuff z cannot receive any new messages

#30 1 tuff z

1 tuff z
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:16 AM

Sean, that's odd that it says I can't receive any new messages after I deleted 2 of the 3 pages.  Anyway, I did reply to your email 2 days ago.  My email is; palermodavid13@gmail.com

I emailed 'don_tups'....but without a response.

This is the message I get when I try to PM you : The member 1 tuff z cannot receive any new messages

David

#31 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

You have been emailed ! :ph34r:

#32 Tony D

Tony D
  • LocationReno NV & Lucena Quezon, Philippines

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

The mystery shield in the 78Z is for the catalytic converter, all the  chassis will have the holes  to mount it, but it is possible a non-catalyst Z may not have that shield. I have never seen one in CA or Japan that didn't have it, they all had Catalysts then.

Misanthropic Anthroparion Class 5 Hoarder, aspiring to posthumous fame as my containers are cut open and the market floods with crap I've squirrelled away over the years! I endeavour to persevere...

#33 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

Hi Tony and thanks for the observations.

ALL chassis - do you mean all S30s or all USA dest. market S30s, all Cali 280Zs only or all 280Zs ? Did JDM S30s, S31s have cats ?

#34 FitmentKing

FitmentKing
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

Awesome work. I need this for my Z :)

Edited by FitmentKing, 28 October 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#35 1 tuff z

1 tuff z
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

Just made payment for the street-sport header, exhaust & twin outlet JDM muffler.  Going on my 72 Fairlady, can't wait until it arrives.  Although I'm getting a flash from the movie Christine when the kid is putting new wipers on the old car and the owner tells him [think this is close] "hey kid, you can't polish a turd".  Essentially this system will be the best looking part of my Fairlady as she undergoes a lengthy restoration.

Attached Files

David

#36 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

Just made payment for the street-sport header, exhaust & twin outlet JDM muffler.  Going on my 72 Fairlady, can't wait until it arrives.  Although I'm getting a flash from the movie Christine when the kid is putting new wipers on the old car and the owner tells him [think this is close] "hey kid, you can't polish a turd".  Essentially this system will be the best looking part of my Fairlady as she undergoes a lengthy restoration.

In the post tomorrow my friend....perhaps some of the bling will infect the rest.....

Attached Files

#37 1 tuff z

1 tuff z
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

Packages arrived today from France!  This system is absolutely gorgeous - almost too pretty to put on the car.  Love the v-band clamps for the resonator.  Everything is top notch, welds are meticulous [like the welder took pride in their work]!  Going to be awhile before I can get it installed for some video but wanted to share the pics.

Attached Files

Edited by 1 tuff z, 04 November 2015 - 05:53 PM.

David

#38 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

A future competitor in the  Carrera Panamericana

#39 1vicissitude

1vicissitude
  • LocationAnaheim Hills, CA

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

Will any US vendor be stocking the race and race sport header?

#40 SeanD

SeanD
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

Hi ami !

http://forums.hybrid...240z-260z-280z/

No-one will stock these for to do so incurs freight charges too astronimical to pass on to customers however Zcardepot has a great FedEx deal so speak with them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users