HybridZ

My cars value?

DETurbine

Just give me your guys opinion on what you think my car might be worth once it is done....

I am going under consideration of doing another project and if I decide to do it I will be selling my car this up coming fall once it is all done, running, and tuned.

My car is not yet done and will not be done until this late spring/ early summer. I have already done the swap, but am putting some extras into it for some more power. I will include pictures of my old setup just so you guys get an idea of my car and how clean I keep it and the motor. Once I am done I expect 450-500hp out of it, so just consider my car to have that much when making the value of it. Thanks for the help.

CHASSIS:

S13 240sx (1990 240sx fastback)

MOTOR / INSTALL MODS:

RB25DET SII (only 35k when rebuilt)

Greddy 1.2mm metal head gasket

Wiseco 86.5mm pistons w/rings

ARP headstuds

HKS cam gears

Stock R33 cross-member w/ aluminum spacers plates

One piece driveshaft

Dual fans w/ performance automatic OEM radiator.

Stock manifold w/ adapter piece for external wastegate.

Precision SC61 turbo

38mm Tial wastegate

JR 8x31x3 FMIC

Walbro 255 fuel pump

800cc top feed injectors

GTR fuel rail

Apex'i GTspec exhuast (3.74inch)

Project Nissan 3inch test pipe.

Custom 3inch down-pipe.

TRANNY/ LSD:

ACT HD 2100 pressure plate

ACT 6puck disk.

New OEM slave cyl.

Aluminum spacers/adapter with reversed tranny mount.

R200 VLSD w/ 180sx output shafts.

ELECTRICAL / ECU:

Mega Squirt piggyback

Z32 MAF

AutoMeter CF gauges (water temp., oil pressure, boost)

INTERIOR & EXTERIOR:

S14 seats

Momo Steering wheel with Nardi hub.

HKS middle console 3 gauge holder (under cd player)

AutoMeter 2 gauge pillar holder

Greddy Shift knob

Black interior

JVC cd player

Pionier speakers (4)

DOHC (91-94) Front bumper w/OEM lip.

EastBear 180sx wing

SUSPENSION & BRAKES:

AGX shocks (4 way front/8 way rears) w/ sportline springs

Steel braided brake lines

Cross drilled front rotors

Axis brake pads

RIMS / WHEELS:

Work VS-XX (Gold w/ polish lip) (17x7.5 front/ 17x8.5 rear)

Nitto 455's (225) front/ Nitto 555's (255) rear

Here are the pictures. First one is photoshoped with the rims on there. The rims will be on there once the motor is done. The other pictures are of my car mid summer:

mycar2.jpg

p19.jpg

partsforsale025.jpg

Guest JAMIE T

240SX's are not my thing, but, I'd give you 10K for. Looks well done. Lots of nice parts on it. And, I don't think it could be duplicated for 10K. RB26 would push it over the top. FWIW, I won't let my 240Z with RB26 go for less than 20K when the time comes.

YUp, gonna be hard to hit this moving target...

I had a guy offer to buy my project off me YESTERDAY and asked what it would take to sell it... I told the guy that My 383 Stroker alone with the standalone FI would be over $8000 to duplicate. I started adding up quickly what it would cost to duplicate my custom adjustable suspension and tranny setup plus the Q45 rear setup and came to the quick reality that my rolling chassis and parts would cost over $15,000 to duplicate... I about passed out... I simply told the guy flat out, $15,000 would be a good figure and NO I'm NOT KIDDING... Dead silence on the other end of the phone...

It's real hard to put a worth on your project. My stepson has a 1995 Civic with an LS/ Vtec Swap and body work, nice wheel/tire package and decent paint and wheels... He can't get $7000 for it. The key is to find someone who wants THAT CAR with THOSE MODS...

What's it worth is VERY Subjective... Good luck!

Mike

yup.. would not suprise me to see somethng like that for around the $12K mark.. I wouldn't pay it though. I'm the guy that would rather buy a $2000 STOCK vehicle and mod/build it up myself. Not that it looks like a hack job or anything, but evryone has their own tastes and I would do few things difrently, or not at all.. I had an '85 rx7 V8 coversion I was trying to sell a few years back; I had over $5000 into it, no one wanted to drop even $1000 on it.. Like Mikelly said.. subjective.