HybridZ

Looking for an oil filter part...having trouble finding it

05plsrt-4

I have an RB25DET that I'm trying to install an external oil cooler on.

For anyone who has removed the oil cooler on these engines know that where the adapter in the block is, its not threaded. I need it threaded.

I removed it from the engine and it has threads on one side (metric something or other) and nothing on the other. I need one that has the metric thread on one side, and 3/4 16unf on the other side

I ordered a oil filter adapter from a RB20DET without an oil cooler and it came in the same part as I origionally had.

Can anyone help?

I'm guessing to a degree here (because it's an RB) but when I did that on my L series engine I was able to go to the wrecking yard and pull the threaded sleave out of an L series block then put it into my block and thread the adapter onto it. The threads that go into the engine block were different from the threads that went into the adapter for the external oil cooler.

I guess the short version of what I am saying is you can probably get one from the wrecking yard for a lot less than the price of a custom made one.

Dragonfly

Che works in parts @ Tacoma nissan in Texas. he has access to the japanese cars and can look up/order parts for them, and see if the part numbers cross reference with anything that came in usa so you can hit up any nissan dealer near you and pick up the piece you're looking for........

i also have a lot of rb parts....i have the 4 bolt oil filter bracket that bolts to the block that did not have an oil cooler with coolant lines going onto it, it's just the bracket and the filter. the oil filter screws right on that...can you screw your oil cooler spacer onto that, then screw your filter onto the spacer?

Dave

I'm trying to completly remove the water to oil oil cooler and install a air one up front.

The first pic is of the oil cooler adapter I'm planning on using. The second is of the adapter peice that I need. I've talked to a few Nissan dealers now and I've ordered a few different numbers and keep ending up with the same peice (as shown in the pic)

So I'm just going to have a machine shop put threads on the unthreaded part of the adapter (second pic)

DSCF1511.jpg

DSCF1512.jpg

You need Nissan part # 15213-21001

or

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=PRM%2D195&N=700+4294818392+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=EAR-1178ERL&N=700+400041+4294818392+115&autoview=sku

This part comes with several adaptors and the one you need...

What piece/part in which pic do you keep getting from the dealer?

This is the one I bought from Summit, but I forgot the part#. It came with several adaptors, metric and regular...

31619221923.jpg

I must be missing something....

What are you guys using to replace the water-to-oil oil cooler? I see the spin-on parts to add AN fittings so you can run lines to a filter relocation and then to an air-to-oil cooler but what piece are you bolting to the block that eliminates the water-to-oil piece? On my R33 RB26 this piece looks like it is bolted to the block with 4 bolts, not spun on like all the adapters. I have not taken this piece off, so unsure what is on the back side of it...

I have one of the spin-on Earl's adapters that Joel posted and use it as part of my PH8 oil filter relocation, but that just spins onto the factory cooler. I now have a 2nd gen RX-7 oil cooler that I want to add, and ideally eliminate the water-to-oil cooler completely.

Also are you guys running the filter before or after the air-to-oil cooler? (filtered right out of the block or right before going into the block)

Oil filter spins onto the greddy part I showed in the pic. The greddy part bolts to the block with the adapter I was looking for. Then the oil cooler runs off the an fittings.

It completely eliminates the water/oil cooler. Which is what I wanted.

So the Nissan 15213-21001 part is the key to using any spin-on and removing the stock oil cooler... Where did you order yours from and for how much?

Also did you have to block the 4 bolt holes that are used to hold on the stock cooler or do they not pass through the block?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it is a common $5 part :)

Thanks

-Chris