HybridZ

Upgrade Motoring Carpet Kits

Challenger

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They advertise a shocktower and wheel well kit so I emailed them asking if they are vinyl or not. Havent found vinyl replacements anywhere else. Ill also be asking for a sample to see how nice the carpet is.

Stock interior seems to be alot cheaper. Ill have to find some reviews. I like the option for mass backing, paired up with sound deadening mat you can have yourself a quiet car.

Im still waiting for a response... Ive concluded Ill order from one of these two places; both seem to have good prices and a large inventory. The samples/pictures I get will help me decide.

I have to buy my sound deadening first so It might be around a month till I buy the carpet. But I WILL post what my opinion of whichever one I buy.

I'm going to go ahead and order the carpet for my 240z....does anyone know the difference between the full floor kit and the 5 pc sectional kit? They look the same to me in the pictures =/

I kinda wanted to go with the stock interiors for that mass backing option. I'm aiming for the super quiet and comfy interior ;) but they only offer the 5 pc sectional kit...if that means it'll cover all my floor and cargo area I'm set! My vinyl is all nice, but I'm going to replace it with some custom interior fabric :) so I just need ALL the carpeting.

http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html

I'm going to go ahead and order the carpet for my 240z....does anyone know the difference between the full floor kit and the 5 pc sectional kit? They look the same to me in the pictures =/

I kinda wanted to go with the stock interiors for that mass backing option. I'm aiming for the super quiet and comfy interior ;) but they only offer the 5 pc sectional kit...if that means it'll cover all my floor and cargo area I'm set! My vinyl is all nice, but I'm going to replace it with some custom interior fabric :) so I just need ALL the carpeting.

http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html

Anyone? 5 pc sectional kit looks like the whole car, then again a "full kit" has to be everything..

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SIC04C02/40-2564

Looks like MSA sells carpet for the 2+2 also.

Id buy carpet but I just bought a parts car so Ill have to wait to get some money saved up.

I just got my sample from stock interiors and didnt really like the carpet. It was really thick and shaggy, even thought it was the thinnist they had.

I ended up picking up some nice cut pile carpet from my local upholstery shop and cutting all my own patterns. I wanted to eliminate the center console and carpet over the tranny tunnel so no kit was going to be available. I had no upholstery experience before this but everthing seems to have come out pretty well. I bought 2 yards of a 72'' wide roll and about 2 yard of jute padding. I took rough measurements and then cut everthing little bigger than needed and trimmed it all down to fit. The passenger compartment took 6 pieces to cover (2 footwells and 2 behind seat areas plus the rear vertical wall and the tranny tunnel). I didnt bother to get the edges seemed so if edges begin to fray I might do this later. Considering what I had before (really crappy 2 piece JC whitney loop) it looks amazing. I'll post some pice later tonight when I get home.

Total cost was around $80 for the carpet and $30 for the padding but i bought about 3/4 of a yard too much carpet (it might be enough to recover the rear deck though) and it was high quality stuff.

It took me about 6-8 hours total but really wasn't hard at all. Just took patience to ensure everything fit well.

BillZ260- I would get the roll and just go for it. What do you have to lose?

Calpoly, thanks for the update, I'm wanting to get rid of the arm rest as well.

Can you post any measurments you have? I'd also like to see how yours turned out! I don't have much to loose, but I want it to look decent and I want it done :) I'm just about finished w/ my sound deadening so I was actually checking this thread to get the links to buy my carpet. I didn't know the carpet kits wouln't cover the hump!