HybridZ

Upgrade Motoring Carpet Kits

Challenger

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get my carpet I will post some pictures for you guys.. i'm getting ensolite too, because I am on a budget right now and it seems like good stuff that is easy to use.. heck.. I don't mind the noise in my car now and its basically a piece of metal with a drivers seat! So I should be happy regardless.:lol:

I have never had any problems with dynamat extreme.

It does not smell when heated, or melt. Older dynamat tended too but I never had any trouble.

I have the insides of my doors almost 100% covered in it. Makes a huge difference. I am not totally convinced that putting it under carpet is going to yield huge gains in deadening.

Evan

• 3 weeks later...

Well I installed the wheel wells and shock towers and what do you know they sent coupe wheel wells. They fit fine except they leave a area visible right above the rear seat. So now there sending me the 2+2 ones and I have the old coupe ones..... any one want them Id sell them cheap.. There in perfect shape except a small installation casualty on the very bottom. (trimmed where I didnt need to had to sew it back on) Luckily my mom saved me with some sewing and you can hardly tell. $15+ shipping and you can have them.

Id get pictures but my dad ran off to another country with our camera. :(

Ok, you got me to take some, I'll post them in a sec...

Here they are... Everything looks pretty nice. The end stitching is well done but not 100% around every edge, I'm guessing most are that way. The center section was not cut per my request, oh and the snaps are for the E-brake boot, forgot to ask for those to be deleted...

4 main pieces of the 13pc kit. Heel pad is nice as is the Jute.

n647374244_840279_8018.jpg

n647374244_840283_5975.jpg

n647374244_840284_6238.jpg

n647374244_840285_2896.jpg

The rest, consisting of the rear wheel well and shock tower, side sil area's and under seat pc's.

n647374244_840286_6794.jpg

As stated by someone on page 2, I believe...NONE of the kits pictured [especially on page 3] are 'Moulded'. I used a TRUE moulded kit on my '66 Mustang, and HOPED that they were available for the Z; but, if the pieces lie flat on the ground when spread out...they most definitely are NOT 'Moulded'....

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_09791.JPG

Heres the shocktowers/wheel wells in and the rear carpet just sitting there.

Well it turns out the manufcaturer must have made a mistake with the wheel well piece so I shipped out the replacements they had sent along with the stock vinyl pieces so they can remake them. :( Its taken longer than Ive liked and now Ill have to mess with ripping out the old wheel well pieces... But their customer services has been good. They were willing to fix it.

• 2 months later...

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

Heres a few pictures of it 99% complete. Still need to put on side carpet holder things that bolt to the rocker panel and make a few touch ups. came out alot better than I thought it would. Also makes the car look alot nicer. Its nice being able to sit on soft carpet... :) Also found some rear floor mats from my 260.

IMG_09791.JPG

Heres the shocktowers/wheel wells in and the rear carpet just sitting there.

Well it turns out the manufcaturer must have made a mistake with the wheel well piece so I shipped out the replacements they had sent along with the stock vinyl pieces so they can remake them. :( Its taken longer than Ive liked and now Ill have to mess with ripping out the old wheel well pieces... But their customer services has been good. They were willing to fix it.

It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but that looks like that is "loop" style carpet, but I seem to recall you saying that you had ordered "cut pile". Which did you end up getting? The reason I'm asking is that I need to order new strut tower/wheel well carpet after one of mine got melted in a grinding incident (don't ask!), and I'm trying to find something that will match my existing cut pile.

Nigel