HybridZ

LSD availability

intuitdriver

ALright I have read all of the stickys and threads about the LSD and I have called around to precision and reiderracing etc but no one carries a damn thing in the way of LSD for the r180/200 anymore. I can't spend the $$ on a quiafe and I would settle for one of those crappy OBX LSDs but where the hell do you get em? What is my easiest route for LSD in my 77z?

Im about to just weld the spider gears

What about this one, http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/lsdinsert/index.html Do they still carry it?

That is very similar to the phantom grip. People have had mostly negative reviews on the phantom grip. Might try searching "phantom grip". That unit does not provide any lock up due to input torque which makes it less than ideal in my opinion. The beauty of a true clutch LSD is that the initial resistance can be set relatively low, but the unit will lock up when you step on the gas or lift off the gas at higher speeds. In this case you can set that unit to low initial torque, but it won't lock up when you get on it, or you can set it for high initial torque and sacrifice the handling and street ability (to an extent any ways) of the car to get lock up.

240sx LSD aren't compatible to first get Z because of spline count from what I've read.

They are if you get the LSD designed for the open carrier. This is a 29 spline count just like all the long nose R200's I know of (maybe not the SS). Search for the 240sx OBX LSD thread... there are people running these.

• 1 month later...
Not too bright, are you?

FYI, The dudes in red are admins... might want to re-think your strategy. Savvy?

Eh, I was just looking for info and found his remark rather hypocritical and unhelpful, don't you?

Thread content: Does anyone know how many splines an s13 (JDM) R180 has?

Eh, I was just looking for info and found his remark rather hypocritical and unhelpful, don't you?

How is that hypocritical? Did he guess? It is not hypocritical. Someone posted blatantly incorrect information and he essentially told the person not to guess.

Thread content: Does anyone know how many splines an s13 (JDM) R180 has?

I would suggest trying zilvia.net. You would have more success over there I think as the R180 short nose is not typically a differential used with most our cars.

How is that hypocritical? Did he guess? It is not hypocritical. Someone posted blatantly incorrect information and he essentially told the person not to guess.

I would suggest trying zilvia.net. You would have more success over there I think as the R180 short nose is not typically a differential used with most our cars.

Both look like guesses to me. Rephrased, but semantically the same:

"I've read 240sx LSD aren't compatible to first get Z because of spline count."

vs

"I believe that Calmiini one work with Z31 29spline axles."

Neither appears to know. You can swap "read" with "believe"...same thing. I've already sorted through piles of BS looking for information other than beliefs and hearsay, and it just struck me as retarded for someone to reprimand another person and then do the exact same thing. I ask because I want to possibly swap a shortnose R180 carrier into a longnose.

• Administrators

I ask because I want to possibly swap a shortnose R180 carrier into a longnose.

Short nose R-180?!? JDM S-13...

Didn't know it existed. Can you tell us more about this short nose R-180 and what other Nissan and possibly Subaru vehicles with this short nose R-180...

Short nose R-180?!? JDM S-13...

Didn't know it existed. Can you tell us more about this short nose R-180 and what other Nissan and possibly Subaru vehicles with this short nose R-180...

Yep they exist they come up for sale from time to time here in NZ. Going back to the "I believe" statement - I believe they are from the S13 CA18DE powered cars aka Silvia S13. Now I say I believe as I don't have evidence to back this up and you can never be to sure when you see items listed on auction site when you have not removed it your self.

Anyway here is one listed on our ebay type auction site

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Nissan/Engines-drive-trains/auction-160318528.htm

I quick search of trademe also has listing of R180 from A31 Cefiro's too so I guess these were used on a number of Nissan of the same period.

Both look like guesses to me. Rephrased, but semantically the same:

"I've read 240sx LSD aren't compatible to first get Z because of spline count."

Well, we KNOW that one is wrong. I've spent quite a bit of time PERSONALLY explaining that it is wrong. You can look up examples if you like, but I can tell you that I've explained that you need the 240SX OPEN replacement LSD vs VLSD replacement at least 10 times. Maybe more.

"I believe that Calmiini one work with Z31 29spline axles."

Neither appears to know. You can swap "read" with "believe"...same thing. I've already sorted through piles of BS looking for information other than beliefs and hearsay, and it just struck me as retarded for someone to reprimand another person and then do the exact same thing. I ask because I want to possibly swap a shortnose R180 carrier into a longnose.

I quantified that I didn't KNOW. Perhaps I should have said that I was "pretty sure", because I am. I think I remembered someone buying the LSD from Calmini, but searched and couldn't find that thread. On the other hand, "I read somewhere" to me means that you think you know the correct answer. You may find that to be a slight difference, or splitting hairs, I think it's an important one for people looking for information through the database.