HybridZ

F20c swap underway

Z2000

I finaly got started the other day, pulled the stock engine out and now im in the middle of the mockup phase. Trying to get the engine just as far back as it can go among other things that need to fit as well.

Yes, I do have a couple pics so far and no clue how to post them...

I will be posting progress as it happens but this isnt a full time project :( just random evenings for now.

Easy way to post pictures:

1) Go to: http://imageshack.us/

2) Click Browse

3) Find an image you want to share

4) Click resize if you havn't already downsized them, I recommend 800x600.

5) Click host it

It will then upload it and bring you to a page with a bunch of different links for the same image. Near the bottom of the page will be the "direct link to image" link. I usually use that one. Copy, then then paste it into a post with image tags on either side. You can also use the insert image feature built into the site at the top of the post window section.

Just don't close the imageshack website until you've got the image posted online. It's rather hard to go back to that page once you've left.

A more complicated way to do it would be to get a photobucket account. With their system you need to upload it, and on the page showing an image, right click the image, and under the address on the properties window copy from the begining up until the end of the .jpg. Then you can use what you just copyied to insert into a post using the same methods mentioned previously.

I don't know how long its been since you last used Photobucket, but its super, super easy to use now. They automatically generate BBCode, HTML, a direct link, and a special one for use in emails and IM's. For any of those lines, simply do one left click, and the site automatically copies the line of code to your clipboard. Super easy to use.

Hope I did it right... These are the only pics i have so far. I need to clearance/move a couple things so i can get the engine another inch back and another inch up with proper alignment. Once that has been achieved I will start building the mounts. From the looks of it I will be able to use the s30 crossmenber for mounting the engine which is great because I was expecting to need a second crossmember to mount the engine.

More pics just as soon as I get a little further!

micahs_pics_059931.jpg.xs.jpg

micahs_pics_061447.jpg.xs.jpg

Clean looking Z, how is the clearance on the drivers side with the intake and brake booster?

brake booster clearance is no conflict. The biggest conflict so far is the the hood latch in the upper center of the fire wall. It seems I will have to remove the factory hood latch and upgrade to hood pins in order to get the engine back 1" and up 1" since the valve cover is already hitting as you see it.

Z2000 did you consider using the JTR hood latch kit? It may give you the clearance you need without loosing the latch.

I havnt had time to do any shopping yet. Where can I find this JTR hood latch kit you are talking about? Does it remove the triangle hood latch mount at the top of the fire wall?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...