HybridZ

280ZX Kaminari wide body kit... Ive got one coming!

Mack

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good god, everytime i see this kit I go from six to midnight! Mack, i envy you more than words can express. And i think i speak for everyone in this thread when i say that i hope you can find it in your heart to reproduce some copies of it (for a nominal fee of coarse:wink:)

I will be taking the kit off and parting hte car. the reason the rust doesnt look so bad is because its all hidden underneath the fiberglass body kit peices. the floors are trashed, so are the frame rails. If the car had the optional turbo kit and wasnt an auto, it might be worth saving, but with the rust being as bad as it is, I just cant see saving the car. Its life will not have been in vain tho, as it has LOTS of usable parts besides the body kit! such as an original UNCRACKED red dash!

Yeah, I got it for $1200 and thats with the rims (16" enkei mesh!) and all the parts to fix teh engine fire stuff, brand new from MSA.

I think it will look MUCH better with a slick top in blue and silver 2 tone.

pics!

red280zx.jpg

red280zx1.jpg

thats a pretty nice looking widebody for the ZX keeps to the same body lines. Nice find

I will be taking the kit off and parting hte car. the reason the rust doesnt look so bad is because its all hidden underneath the fiberglass body kit peices. the floors are trashed, so are the frame rails. If the car had the optional turbo kit and wasnt an auto, it might be worth saving, but with the rust being as bad as it is, I just cant see saving the car. Its life will not have been in vain tho, as it has LOTS of usable parts besides the body kit! such as an original UNCRACKED red dash!

Heck i'll take the dash too, haha!

• 2 months later...
hello all, I recently purchased a 280ZX with a full kaminari wide body kit. I guess te car itself is in bad shape (rusty floors and rockers) but the body kit is fine. no damage, craks or breaks. The plan is to take the kit off (cutting the rear fenders will be necessary, I imagine) and put it on my slick top.

Id be willing to work with someone if anyone wanted to make molds for a reproduciton of this kit as I understand it is no longer available and 280ZX kits are far and few between these days. the only problem is that its for a 2+2. which is good for me, since I have a 2+2 but bad for abnout 80% of 280ZX owners out there. that being said, the front fenders should be fine, the rears would need a little massaging to put them on a 2 seater.... so if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or post them in the thread.

*note I wont actually have the car until the end of june when I travel to NY to pick it up. also, Ill be driving out to NY with an empty 2 wheel car dolly, and Im leaving from Minneapolis so if anyone needs anything transported, let me know.

My name is Anthony Dishion, I also have a 280ZX 2+2.As you know there aren't that many wide body kits on the market, and I was wondering if you could email me the kit that you want molded.My email address is tonydishion@yahoo.com.Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Anthony Dishion

*note I wont actually have the car until the end of june when I travel to NY to pick it up. also, Ill be driving out to NY with an empty 2 wheel car dolly, and Im leaving from Minneapolis so if anyone needs anything transported, let me know.

Mack, if you want a mint 2+2 chassis to throw that kit on let me know.

Bernard

Bernardd>>>Ive got my blue and silver 2+2 that I plan on fitting the kit to. and keeping the blue/silver 2 tone.

Tony>>> I want to make copies of the kit on the red 280ZX that I posted pictures of.

Im working on buying a house, so when that comes through, I should be able to really tackle this project, If I get one with the kind of garage space I want, HA ha!

• 4 weeks later...

my body shop guy told me when I showed him this that the fiberglass and metal will seperate no matter what within a couple years..because of the different expansion and contraction rates of metal and fiberglass. We go from freezing overnight to 50deg in the afternoon.

Alright somebody fill me in on the carparts supplier that was knocked in a post above..whats wrong with his stuff????yeah..showcars..is his stuff crap or what..i was thining of ordering some stuff from him..please let me know