HybridZ

What's the stupidest thing your previous owner did?

Iceman

Purple Neons in each Wheel Well. Blue Neons under the whole car. All encased in 1/2" clear plastic tubing that filled with water. NOS stickers everywhere. Wiring nightmare from 12670 different stereo installations. "Special Edition" chrome Pep Boys special centered in the tails. Heated Springs for a drop. 15' tall bookshelf F-40 style spoiler with a few inches of play. Electrical tape covering holes in Intake Piping. Rattle can clear coated the ENTIRE Engine Bay and components for that "Show" quality shine. Only half of every nut/bolt/screw was re-installed after being removed...

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P/o cut random holes in  the door and looks like he tore it some how in the upper right side on the inside frame structure not sure how or why my guess is he used tin snips, pliers and a ton of patience to get it to look all gnarled up. Also cut most of the center fuse block up too(leaving to little wire to repair), i guess try and fix the lights because they weren't working. He put switches in for the taillights and headlights but never bypassed any anything???. turns out the right rear side marker light was corroded causing an electrical short. Some funky ignition wiring. Now that i think about it there is a l28 in a 240 so this alternator is putting out more than the stock voltage regulator can handle I'm not for sure about that going to do some research before i point any more fingers. And i'm sure 'll find more as i tare deeper in to it. not complaining cause i like a challenge haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see my PO bondo'd the ENTIRE car (I think). I can tell it was hit on the drivers rear but its just a small dent. Pretty sure he just riveted license plates in the floor pans over the rust holes. Random 2 way momentary switch no clue what it goes to. 2 wires that appear out of no where with a place to put a double A battery in near the console. Lets see he bought an automatic Z (First and largest mistake). Put some hideous "Hot Wheels" looking wheels on it and then to top EVERYTHING off he left it outside, under a large oak tree for close to 5 years with a full tank of gas@! So there's a good bit of rust mainly in the floor area (FIXED) and then its not too big of an issue but there were acorns literally everywhere! When we first started it it honestly sounded like gunfire from blowing all of the nuts out of the exhaust