HybridZ

Has anyone had their daul exhaust exiting infront of rear wheels

I have searched the forum but have not see where anyone has had daul exhaust exiting infront of rear wheels.I know that there is limited room for mufflers and ground clearance. I was wanting it not to be so loud kind of like the flowmasters that the mustangs but figured they wont fit. I was thinking something like.

MagnaFlow 14416

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-14416/

or

Hushpower 12518400

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HSH-12518400/

• 4 months later...

I run hush powers on my g35. I have a true duels all the way back with resonators and 1 set of cats removed. Its still is pretty loud when I'm on it but much quieter then other stuffed I've tried. At idle you can barely tell I'm modified and on the freeway it has a nice pur.

• 4 weeks later...

You might want to check out SUPERTRAPP, this is what I've been looking into because of the issue for true duals in my build plans. A buddy of mine had a '64 vette with them on it right behind the front tires and they sounded mean as heck!

They use a screen type baffle system using no muffler. My friend had them custom made for the vette. His vette had a 327 in it (race setup). I thought it had cutouts until he fired it up and it just pounded the ground but the sound was very nice and doesn't clutter up the undercarriage.

Thanks for all of the input. I was hoping for kind of a low growl. At 42, I don't like to have to yell to talk to someone in the car. I think the super traps may be a bit loud for my tastes. Josh, it sounds like yours is what I am looking to acomplish but I will be running the shorties, so not sure how that will impact the sound. The other issue is clearence I was thinking some of it would fit in the tranny tunnel and then come out just in front of the rear wheels. I am not sure and I have searched but have yet to see where anyone has done this and it could be because it can't be done. I was just hoping someone has tried it or knows for sure would weigh in. Once agian thanks .

Edited by worknprog

• 6 months later...

Look for IceHound on the forum. His car has them. I'd like to exit in front of the rear wheels too, but I just can't see that there is enough room.

Just looked at his car... his setup is different from what I was talking about. His runs out of the stock exhaust hole and then off to one side. What I was thinking was running an exhaust in front of the rear axle and wheels. I probably won't do it because of the amount of custom work required, but if you don't use sub frame connectors (makes it not worth it imo), and you cut out the lower stock seatbelt mounting well and replaced it with a flat piece of steel, you could fit an exhaust pipe through there. It's really not worth it and you'll just be creating more problems. I have decided to run a single pipe to the rear of the car as the car was designed.

I did 2.5" x-pipe and dumped after two redline race mufflers.... These are probably too loud for your taste but i think magnaflow makes a round muffler like this in different lengths so that you can pick how loud it will be. post-1159-007313700 1320414096_thumb.jpg

sorry for the super huge pic, didnt think it was that big.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My duals look like the ones above except with 3" pipes and sweet thunder mufflers. No way I would try to take it out to the edge of the car. Not much room underneath. Wish I could run them out the back. Not that loud outside the car but inside it is a bit much.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran dual 2.5" through an X pipe to the rear/ Drivers side ran through the stock cut-out in the rear frame support. Passenger side used a round to oval to round adapter to clear the member on that side. Then both pipes cross over tot he stock location on the drivers side to enter into a Magnaflow Muffler that has dual 2.5" inlets and a single 3" outlet. Pretty quiet with low restriction.

I had thought about trying to come out in front of the rear tires but couldn't get the mufflers I wanted to fit in the space available with the torque tube setup I have between my T56 and R200.

See link for photo.

My link

Edited by Phantom

• 3 weeks later...

Cameron,

Thanks. They look great. It appears you drive it on the street. Do you have clearance issues and is it way louder than say a camaro LS1? Do you happen to have a video? Also, I see they are Magnaflow, what size. One last question. I graduated Downers South in 86, just curious if you are close by there? I looked at your album, Thanks for the pic.