HybridZ

xxr 513 wheels center cap wan't fit

i try to fit the center cap to 513 xxr wheels for the front but it wan't fit why??

also i see alot of zee have the same problem just for the front wheels.the tires is 245-45-16 and the wheels is 16x8.5 zero offset.someone told me i have to but spacers about 1/4 or 1/2 is that correct?

post-20154-073915500 1310426409_thumb.jpg

post-20154-033154100 1310426424_thumb.jpg

i try to fit the center cap to 513 xxr wheels for the front but it wan't fit why??

also i see alot of zee have the same problem just for the front wheels.the tires is 245-45-16 and the wheels is 16x8.5 zero offset.someone told me i have to but spacers about 1/4 or 1/2 is that correct?

Center cap is fitment/ manufacturing issue I assume. Use a dremel and sandpaper fix.

I hope you're not tyring to fit the Z center caps on the XXR wheels!!?

I don't think XXR 513 came with 8.5" wide.

XXR only makes 16x7 and 16x8.

You want to put 16x8.5 in the front? You run 225/35 or 225/45 not 245/45.

Spacer = only for clearance of caliper or clearance of the wheel not touching the shocks/springs. depending on the wheel and how it sits, if may ore may not clear your caliper, you use a spacer. How thick? depends on how much the wheel face needs to be away from the caliper.

Wheel/tire rubbing against shock/springs, you use spacer to move out. How thick? Depends on offset of wheels, how much you need to go out so it does not hit shock/springs?

There is not answer to your question, it all depends on your wheels, the style, the offset.

Spacers come in slip on 3mm, 5mmm, 7mm, 8mm, 10mm 15, 20, 25mm, anything after this is "spacer/adapteres" that is bolt on roughly.

XXR does not make 8.5" 513's as far as I know. BE MORE SPECIFIC IN YOUR QUESTIONS, and your information may be Wrong.

Edited by Ducer

• 2 months later...

Center cap is fitment/ manufacturing issue I assume. Use a dremel and sandpaper fix.

I stumbled across this post from search results.

Use a dremel and sandpaper to fix the center cap not fitting

What a classic response from somebody who clearly doesnt have first hand experience at what the issue is. A classic post.

Edited by mr jdm

I have the same wheels, 513 in 16x8. I was also told by the seller that my 225/55's wouldn't fit, which they do. They rub on the rear only slightly on hard bumps. Another brand of 225/55s could fix that.

Anyway, he was right about the center cap not fitting. The best solution I have seen is to paint the spindle bolt cover the same color as the wheels.

I stumbled across this post from search results.

Use a dremel and sandpaper to fix the center cap not fitting

What a classic response from somebody who clearly doesnt have first hand experience at what the issue is. A classic post.

:lol:

It's an M.O.

The answer is the XXR's have a 'flush fit' style cap, and this gentleman from Kuwait is having a problem with the center bearing carrier of the hub protruding too far so the 'cap won't fit'...

This is why most people don't run the front caps.

Your answer is to either find a cap with sufficient depth to accommodate the Z's protruding outer bearing race holding section of the hub, have one made, or run without them.

The 'flat cap' that comes with the XXR's won't fit. You could space them to get more depth, but unless you remove the hub and install some longer wheel studs thread engagement with even a 5mm spacer will start getting tenuous.

I wish I could give you an answer for 'what cap fits' but I've not measured the XXR's center hole, nor it's relative position to the hub's dust cap (what you need to clear.)