HybridZ

MS3 w/ MS3X Install - L6 turbo, sequential injection & boost control

Sam280Z

May I add my own .02?

If you are running SOHC and don't care about "nth degree" power, idle, emissions or low load drivability, I would never consider bothering with sequential. Something like the L-series, I would not worry about sequential unless you have big bucks to make a really mean sounding L beast. Can you squeeze more out? Maybe a bit, but really, you should spend the cash on getting good injectors that have a shorter and more consistent dead-time and a better spray pattern. That will help tremendously with all of those same things. I have successfully gotten 1200 cc injectors squirting into 0.5L cyclinders to idle tamely at stoich and I have seen injectors almost stock size that squirt like a water hose pattern and have long deadtimes not work worth a crap. Get good injectors as a prerequisite to spending money on a sequential setup. Factory turbo injectors from a modern car are great sources for them. Evo 8~9 has 550 cc/min top feed injectors with a good spray pattern. These can be had cheap cheap cheap. STi injectors are capable of being driven to 100% duty cycle without fluttering or messing up A/F ratios.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are running SOHC and don't care about "nth degree" power, idle, emissions or low load drivability...

I agree. If you don't care how the car idles or drives on the hwy at low throttle, there is no strong reason to use sequential. However, these are the exact reasons I switched to and advocate sequential. If you are using MS3 - the MS3xX gives you a myriad of additional inputs and outputs besides the ability to run sequential for $90 - quite a bargain. I also agree that you should get good injectors with the correct spray pattern that can be controlled at the pulse widths required to idle and cruise.