HybridZ

Forza Motorsport 4

ArchetypeDatsun

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have it. The game is excellent, though not too far from Forza 3. Still, it is the best racing game I've played thus far, and the Jeremy Clarkson commentary would make everything worth it even with half of the features. Leaves me wanting for more, though. I still haven't played the game "proper" due to waiting on the rest of my setup to arrive, then be built.

I was wondering when someone would start a thread about this, or if I would be the first. Looks like I have my answer. In terms of the 240z, there is only the Z432, as with previous games. This time, you can remove the bumpers. However, when you install the front BRE-inspired spook it curiously also applies body-colored covers on your headlights. Annoying. Also, there is only one engine conversion available now (down from three) which is the RB26DETT. ADDITIONALLY, the only displacement upgrades for your stock S20 engine reach a maximum of 2.2L of displacement. Meanwhile, the Skyline 2000GT-R in this game which carries the SAME EXACT ENGINE can go up to 2.4L. Strange.

Yes, I have it. The game is excellent, though not too far from Forza 3. Still, it is the best racing game I've played thus far, and the Jeremy Clarkson commentary would make everything worth it even with half of the features. Leaves me wanting for more, though. I still haven't played the game "proper" due to waiting on the rest of my setup to arrive, then be built.

I was wondering when someone would start a thread about this, or if I would be the first. Looks like I have my answer. In terms of the 240z, there is only the Z432, as with previous games. This time, you can remove the bumpers. However, when you install the front BRE-inspired spook it curiously also applies body-colored covers on your headlights. Annoying. Also, there is only one engine conversion available now (down from three) which is the RB26DETT. ADDITIONALLY, the only displacement upgrades for your stock S20 engine reach a maximum of 2.2L of displacement. Meanwhile, the Skyline 2000GT-R in this game which carries the SAME EXACT ENGINE can go up to 2.4L. Strange.

I know I was wondering why they took off 2 engine swaps on the Z432 I actually liked having the VQ set as well as the SR20 I hope they fix it. I guess since you can make headlight decals now since it covers them when you put the airdam on.

Yea, it lame that they remove the front bumper with the install of the chin spoiler. Although when I hit level 30 I was gifted a daytona cobra coupe (coolest car ever). Having a z in the game similar to my own is cool, but I play the game to drive cars id never have a chance to drive. I still get all bonered up driving the 72 skyline.......oh some day ill strike it absurdity rich and have one of my own.....

Yea, it lame that they remove the front bumper with the install of the chin spoiler. Although when I hit level 30 I was gifted a daytona cobra coupe (coolest car ever). Having a z in the game similar to my own is cool, but I play the game to drive cars id never have a chance to drive. I still get all bonered up driving the 72 skyline.......oh some day ill strike it absurdity rich and have one of my own.....

Very true, I love driving most of the cars in that game I was stoked when I saw the Mitsubishi Starion a car I used to have sounds just like it too. The Z432 is one of my favorite in the game as well as the 510 the 72 GTR is dope, I really like the sound of a fully tuned Z432 orgasm to my ears!

Very true, I love driving most of the cars in that game I was stoked when I saw the Mitsubishi Starion a car I used to have sounds just like it too. The Z432 is one of my favorite in the game as well as the 510 the 72 GTR is dope, I really like the sound of a fully tuned Z432 orgasm to my ears!

The 432 sounds great, but I switched the aspiration to forced induction and I have yet to hear any difference. The only clue I get is the slight puttering sound of a BOV when I let off the throttle, but no turbine whine at all. No unmistakable sound of compressed air slightly altering the engine note, either. Maybe my sound system just isn't up to snuff anymore. Also, changing the exhaust to an upgraded version results in it looking the same, yet when you switch the rear bumper on other cars, you get a different muffler with almost every one. Makes no sense at all.

It sure is much more of a pain in the ass to pass the computer on this one versus forza three. The computer is much more aggressive. I don't know how many times I've been pushed off the track by a late braking car. It gets very frustrating.

Is it really? The few races I tried I was able to intimidate more than a few with some aggressive passing on the inside. Maybe I just haven't progressed enough. I haven't played much since I can't stand playing with a controller anymore, and have been in the middle of constructing a "cockpit" setup.

Is it really? The few races I tried I was able to intimidate more than a few with some aggressive passing on the inside. Maybe I just haven't progressed enough. I haven't played much since I can't stand playing with a controller anymore, and have been in the middle of constructing a "cockpit" setup.

It might have to do with the size of the car you'r driving in relation the the AI's car. I know I've been punted off the track by a few Mustangs while in something light like a Lotus or the even the 432... Doesn't seem to happen as much with the R35 GTR B).

It sure is much more of a pain in the ass to pass the computer on this one versus forza three. The computer is much more aggressive. I don't know how many times I've been pushed off the track by a late braking car. It gets very frustrating.

Ok. I thought I was imagining things. In Forza 3 I would always bully my way into the first corner or two to get into the lead and then leave them behind. Now I find that they slam the door shut on me, run into me, late brake, etc. and I wind up chasing them down for 1 to 2 laps on the tight and technical courses before I can pass them.

I also find it funny how there are Hybrids and electric cars in the game i just fixed up a Nissan Leaf not the best for top speed (108mph) but cornering is bad ass on this car without any tuning of your own and there is no gear change so it stays on one gear the whole time. I will be trying to get my own set up on it to see if it gets any better.

I also find it funny how there are Hybrids and electric cars in the game i just fixed up a Nissan Leaf not the best for top speed (108mph) but cornering is bad ass on this car without any tuning of your own and there is no gear change so it stays on one gear the whole time. I will be trying to get my own set up on it to see if it gets any better.

What I find funnier is that Jeremy Clarkson's intro and the commercial speak of the edging out of our petrol burning community by the economically minded and environmentalists with their hybrids and electric cars... yet there are hybrids and electric cars in the game...