HybridZ

Fuel cell

Hello guys.

I don't think i've ever properly introduced myself on here but I decided to leave the classic supra/sc300 for a 74 260z i found for cheap on craigslist.

I have had the car for a month or two and decided to do a sr20det swap. Since like most of our cars my fuel tank was rusted, busted, and i couldn't trust it..lol so i bought a fuel cell from summit racing. I didn't want to cut my whole spare tire well so i just cut the very least so the cell can fit snug.

Here's my problem, for those of you that have a fuel cell. How did you wire up your fuel gauge?

IMAG0328.jpg

Thanks in advance

Joa_Taste

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know what the stock sending unit ohms out at? we should be able to use a drop down ohms resitor. I am going to start looking into this because I want to keep my stock gauge in my car. I had to go to a fuel cell when I did my ford 9" conversion.

Adam

You can put a sending unit from Summit into that cell. I would also buy a fuel gauge from Summit that works with the sending unit you buy. But, far more important: build a metal cover over that fuel cell that seals it from the passenger compartment. One zoned out old lady rear ending you at a stoplight and you'll get sprayed with fuel. You might survive the impact only to burn to death - which takes a couple minutes and really hurts.