HybridZ

Wiring questions

I installed a new fuse box today, but in the course of doing so uncovered some new electrical gremlins. My park lights no longer work, nor do my console lights. However, when the brake pedal is pushed, the console light comes on very faintly. I have a set of JDM tails that I wanted to install, seems like now is the time since I'm digging through the wiring. The first problem is the connections on the tails do not match the harness at all. I have photos below that show the issue:

This is the connection on the main harness:

post-3338-012330400 1320598736_thumb.jpg

This is the connection on the tails:

post-3338-009395800 1320598791_thumb.jpg

If I get a connector for the main harness to match the tails, I should be in business. But my confusion really lies in the brake pedal turning on the console lights (faintly). Also, does anyone know the wire color codes for brakes and for turn signals?

Thanks

I installed a new fuse box today, but in the course of doing so uncovered some new electrical gremlins. My park lights no longer work, nor do my console lights. However, when the brake pedal is pushed, the console light comes on very faintly. I have a set of JDM tails that I wanted to install, seems like now is the time since I'm digging through the wiring. The first problem is the connections on the tails do not match the harness at all. I have photos below that show the issue:

This is the connection on the main harness:

post-3338-012330400 1320598736_thumb.jpg

This is the connection on the tails:

post-3338-009395800 1320598791_thumb.jpg

If I get a connector for the main harness to match the tails, I should be in business. But my confusion really lies in the brake pedal turning on the console lights (faintly). Also, does anyone know the wire color codes for brakes and for turn signals?

Thanks

What do you mean by console l light? Instrument lights? Brake warning light?

Edited by Miles