HybridZ

How many people interested by Rota RK-R (RB-W in Australia) in 17x9 -13 and 17x9.5 -19 ?

I want these sizes so bad!

Just to reming all of you, RK-R / RB-W is this:

newrota.jpg

They are actually planned to be 17x8.5 ET0 and 17x9.5 ET0 witch is good but not enouth!

The goal is to show the serious interest we have for 17x9 -13 and 17x9.5 -19 4x114.3 PCD and hopefully it will lead to Rota making them.

So join and increment the counter!

Edited by jibe

Kim just emailed me back and said they are unwilling to produce the RK-R in the RB-R group buy size at this time or in the foreseeable future. Guess we're out of luck :(

Guess the only option is to stagger 8.5 and 9.5 and run 5mm front 20mm back spacers... not sure that would exactly be optimal lol.

Edited by TrumpetRhapsody

Someone posted that they're actually offering a 9" version as well...

17x9 et -5

17x9.5 et 0

I've been doing some reading and calculating, and it looks like these might fit. Here are my numbers:

FRONT:

RB-R 9.5 -19 115mm BS (4.5") SQUARE SETUP

RK-R 9.0 -5 123mm BS (4.8")

20mm difference to fender, 8mm difference to suspension

RB-R 9.0 -13 115mm BS (4.5") STAGGERED SETUP

RK-R 9.0 -5 123mm BS (4.8")

8mm difference to fender, 8mm difference to suspension

REAR:

RB-R 9.5 -19 115mm BS (4.5")

RK-R 9.5 0 134mm BS (5.3")

19mm difference to fender, 19mm difference to suspension

This might actually work out of the box, assuming you're running coilovers.

I was reading that 280zforce was running some 10.5" wheels in the back that had a 5.3" backspacing... the same as the 9.5" RK-R's. The fronts are only 4.8" backspacing, easily usable with coilovers. Only thing is we'd be a little more sunk than the RB-R setup, and framerail/TC rod clearance would need to be checked.

Opinions?

Edited by TrumpetRhapsody

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay so everybody is kinda on edge about this being possible, there is an Ebay auction selling 17x8.5 +10 fronts and 17x9.5 -10 on the rears. I messaged them asking about the wheels and if they could maybe do a package deal of -10 for all 4 of them, but I wasn't aware that this size existed, so maybe it isn't a good plan. I asked how much the price difference would be if possible. a 10mm spacer to basically match the RB-R group buy really wouldn't be much of a problem if there are clearance issues in the front. I will post up when I hear back, I can't afford the wheels because I need my engine finished, but maybe if we get enough interest towards this company they might provide the wheels for a decent price? That or Kim can be contacted about that sizing and a deal price?

Nice find, keep us posted!

Well, I've got everybody 17x9.5 -10 offset on ebay. Wheelbay said that they listed the item for me, went to look, there it was. All 4 wheels, 17x9.5 -10, I don't think it will, but even if this requires a spacer it will be very minimal at 10mm which shouldn't cause any real major issues.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ROTA-WHEEL-RKR-17-X9-5-4X114-3-10-DATSUN-240Z-280Z-280ZX-/300642745589?hash=item45ffb43cf5&item=300642745589&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_2468wt_1396

More like 15 or 20mm no? The xxr 527's barely clear and they're 8.25 by et 0.

You will either need coil over suspension or to run a 10mm spacer or so, the offset is -10, the RB-R group buy is 17x9.5 -19, 10mm would make up for this and it is only .39" so it isn't going to make anything drastically dangerous in my opinion. The backspacing will be 4.36", guys with coil overs have fit 4.5" I don't see these wheels causing many issues, if anything it will be T/C rod clearance, which the spacer would fix.

• 4 months later...