HybridZ

280z overheating

Bought the car not running thought it was a bad fuel pump replaced it still nothing found it was a fusable link that wasn't making contact fired right up drove it around for a bit seemed fine took it for a longer drive and died on the freeway. looked to have a bad alt which killed the batt also noticed the temp was kinda high so I decided to get a new alt belt water pump and thermostat. today I replaced all the parts and it doesn't seem to be circulating. I filled up the rad with coolant and started it let it idle for a bit and then it started sounding weird so I shut it off opened the rad and I couldn't see the coolant any more so I topped it of again and fired it back up let it idle for a bit more with the cap off and wasn't seeing movement so then I put the cap back on and let it idle for a bit longer I could feel the rear hose was way hot and the top and bottom hoses were warm by the engine but cold by the rad I'm very frustrated mainly cause I have three cars and none of them work so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheap stamped waterpump impellers have been known to rot to nuns of nothingness in less than 6 months once the antifreeze goes acidic, or in straight water.

I never run a water pump in ANY Z-car that I didn't install myself after purchase.

• 3 weeks later...