HybridZ

Having a Little Fun Before Putting Up for the Winter

CruiZZZin 78

I'm saying this all in fun, but that was a "proper" burnout? The only proper burnout is for the track. The rest is just look at me ruin my tires because mommy didn't pay enough attention to me when I was little.

Sorry couldn't resist and no accusations intended! :P

Haha. I built and paid for everything done to this car that was the POS it once was. After all that hard work, I don't miss an opportunity to have fun in it. I'm not sure what your talking about.

I know exactly what you mean. Over the summer I replaced the Short Block assembly in my brother's 02 Chevy Blazer "Extreme" in my garage at home. It fought us every step of the way. As soon as the tires touched the street..... Smokey burnout! :D

I do burnouts to disguise myself, you guys have all got it wrong. If you do a smokey enough burnout the cops can no longer see you. Therefore you have escaped. =P Try some sealed pavement, it makes extra smoke and you can hold a good solid burnout in 2nd gear no problem. =D

"I do burnouts to disguise myself, you guys have all got it wrong. If you do a smokey enough burnout the cops can no longer see you. Therefore you have escaped."

Incorrect. They hear you. Then, vision obscured by crates at the end of their beat, they see the smoke from your burnout rising. And they still can hear you...

So they call their friends.

Soon thereafter you find yourself pulled over with 12 Locked and Loaded M16's pointed at you and one very irate cop saying "so that was you with the little display in the parking lot about 15 minutes ago?"

Suggestions when this is asked:

Do not say "Yes, but it mus'n't have been so little if you stopped me."

And whatever you do, if he asks you "What do you think this is, the Indy 500?" DO NOT reply whilst indicating with your forefinger "No, the Indy goes this way (counterclockwise finger), we were going this way (clockwise finger)..."

It makes for a bad rest of the day...

"I do burnouts to disguise myself, you guys have all got it wrong. If you do a smokey enough burnout the cops can no longer see you. Therefore you have escaped."

Incorrect. They hear you. Then, vision obscured by crates at the end of their beat, they see the smoke from your burnout rising. And they still can hear you...

So they call their friends.

Soon thereafter you find yourself pulled over with 12 Locked and Loaded M16's pointed at you and one very irate cop saying "so that was you with the little display in the parking lot about 15 minutes ago?"

Suggestions when this is asked:

Do not say "Yes, but it mus'n't have been so little if you stopped me."

And whatever you do, if he asks you "What do you think this is, the Indy 500?" DO NOT reply whilst indicating with your forefinger "No, the Indy goes this way (counterclockwise finger), we were going this way (clockwise finger)..."

It makes for a bad rest of the day...

Now i'm curious how the rest of YOUR day went... :P

Edited by JSM

Smokey burnouts are best done on the run, traffic lights make a good starting point. It's best to vacate the starting point in a manner that leaves all your rear vision mirrors clear of cars that were right there just a moment ago if you want to do this properly. Gives any cops around a very small window of opportunity in which to apprehend you or otherwise interfere with your playtime too. Practice makes perfect as well don't forget ;)

I had a similar situation 2 days ago... I left my house, first time driving my car in a few weeks(or months actually). I realized I had forgotten my registration, and thought I needed it for inspection. At which time I pulled into the local auto-auction parking lot, and turned around, nothing vicous, simple turn around. Well I pull back onto the road, and my car got a little silly on me. Ok, shift to 2nd.... might as well give a little gas. It starts sliding, I start grinning, and more gas is applied! Therfore, more grin, more angle, pendilum effect, more grin!!!! Needless to say I live about 3 miles down the road, and once I got done being silly, I decided its time to be a serious driver. No cars on the road..... So you guessed it to the wood the pedal went. AAAHHHH lovely power.. Anyway, I pull into my driveway, and before I make it into my house low and behold a sherrif FLY's by at a decent clip. I smirk and chuckle, theres no way he'da caught me going that slow :P

Edited by stprasinz

Taking the VG30DET engined 280ZXT to a dyno tune a few weeks ago so it was in a 'start and run' tune, just fitted a twin plate clutch that was taking some getting used to. So I stalled it at some traffic lights, me in front, traffic banked up behind. Restarted it, gave it a few revs and then when it was moving with the clutch out gave it about half throttle and bugger me it started smoking them up :) Right across the intersection, torsen LSD did its job, twin spinner lines are still there on the tarmac B)