HybridZ

Good auto transport companies?

DeLorean

Having recently moved from Baltimore to San Jose CA, I am really starting to miss my Z. I have looked around for a good, reliable, no scams company to move the car but thought I would ask for some opinions. I can't afford an enclosed carrier, does one here have a recommendation?

Thanks.

Thanks, I'll give them a call later today. Has anyone heard of rock bottom auto transport? I've done some reading on them and they seem alright, they had a pretty good price compared to most others.

Edited by DeLorean

100 gallons of gas, thereabouts. Maybe 150...

Plus the cost of a ticket one way BWI-SJC on SWA...

And two, maybe three days.

Do it over a weekend and you likely won't even have to play Hookey from work for more than a day!

After watching that cheasy shipping wars show on A&E channel tonight and doing some google searching I learned alot-mostly bad.Alot of those guys with 1ton pick-ups and trailers dont have the proper licenseing,insurence,dot permits.the point-do your homework and hire a real car transport company.Make sure it will be the same company the whole route-not just dropping the car and handing it off to another company when they get to an area they dont want to go into.Even if its shipped it will probably changed from truck to another truck along the way..In 2007 I sold a 22" catamaran speed boat to a guy in Tom's River New Jersey.I live in central California.Some how i couldnt bring myself to trust anybody to do this job + I wanted to go to the bank and make sure I got a real cashier's check and not something off of a home printer.So I rented a ford expedition 4x4 from hertz .I towed the boat to jersey and flew home.i ended up using the 4x4 in wyoming in a snow storm.Left on a monday at noon and got to the guys house at 3am next friday.I went into Jersey at night on purpose-those people wont give you any room pulling a trailer back there and i wanted to avoid commute time.A little under 3000 miles and 200+ gallons of gas.but it was an adventure.

"Damage done to the car"?

Unless you hit something, I hope to GAWD you are not making inference that USING AND DRIVING a car somehow damages it!?!?!?

If you hit something, that's not a rational reason not to drive any modern vehicle cross country.

I would say since the advent if reliable tubeless tyres, anything from the 50's onward should make this trip without a second thought and with very little fuss...

My Blue Turd 260Z went cross country several times, and by cross country I don't mean one way-- there and BACK.

Anything you might encounter along the way is nothing different than what you coil encounter on any day or weekend run 5 miles from your own doorstep!

Edited by Tony D