HybridZ

What can I do to prevent an insurance from totaling out my custom 260z?

rayaapp2

Haggerty has never had a mileage restriction. It's a pleasure vehicle clause.

It was most of the " other big guys" that put things like club events, parades, and mileage restrictions on the policies.

Many STATES have restrictions due to road use taxation and special status plates/tags. That is altogether irrelevant when discussing insurance requirements!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the first accident is now taken care of.

Im now battling it out with Infinity over the second insurance.

They have an extreme lack of communications. Since Feb they have contacted me 2 times. I have been the one in contact with them to push them.

They sent someone out to look at the car without me present for a second estimate. They assessed the damages incorrectly. They dont have a clue what has been put into the car. They are now at a standstill awaiting total loss paperwork apparently. They dont want to give me more than $3500 for a stock 260Z. They are ignoring their first estimate that notes that their is $6800 in damages to repair the vehicle to stock and it is noted that it would be considerately more because the vehicle is custom and custom parts were damaged. So the insurance commissioner is now involved.

Im seriously close to retaining an attorney on the matter. They have not seen my receipts or looked at my build book. If they think they are gonna total the car out and try and force that down my throat they are in for a rude awakening. If I have to strip the car down to a bare shell I would still not come out on top but that is all I would hand over to whomever thought they were picking up the car for a total loss. 'Sorry thats all you paid for oh and i cut the frame rails off the car'.

Im already $4500 out of pocket for the loss for alternative transportation that I cannot get back from these a-holes.

Would it be wrong to use what ever check they send me to get revenge? I mean insure my big ass truck through them and then hunt down their building in Sacramento and just run into every car in the parking lot? Maybe I need a shrink...It sure would be satisfying.

Hey look, it's the gas-price-adjustment tool!

some local guy built one a few years back when gas hit 4.30 a gallon here, but 12 miles out of town it was 2.90 a gallon...started running down gas pumps and "evaded" the cops for about four months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

working with a lawyer.

Insurance is finally listening to me. My previous insurance rep agent is no longer with their company :blink:

They received my 150pgs of copied receipts and 3pg letter detailing the inaccuracies of their previous re-inspection report and valuescope value assessment. Did anyone know that the S30 chassis had an over head console or tilt steering wheel?

They are now calling me with weekly updates even if no progress is made or they are waiting on me to do something.

Since they are working with me the lawyer is on standby until he is needed seeing as he is pro-bono.

I think they realized they were handing me a case for court real fast that would cost them oodles of cash. I hope things continue to move smoothly forward as they have been for the past few weeks. Im not getting my hopes up and Im prepared for the worse case scenario.