HybridZ

VIDEO of my custom oil pam from Pat1

big-phil

After I do a leakdown on this new motor, I'm starting my swap tomorrow too. Although I'm just swapping identical motors. Sort of. A little higher compression on the new one (9.0:1). I hope to be done by Sunday.

Did I miss anything at the meeting today? Did you all go?

Edited by BLOZ UP

looks good phil i just went throw all the sump work on a frends 240 . Your lucky the rb26 is lots harder as the oil picup is in a difrent spot in the block makes it very hard to make a pickup work in the rear, hears one i made with external oil pic up and 7L oil, lots of work to make one right. Think i will give the bloke a call next time

post-26847-062556800 1331280500_thumb.jpg

post-26847-033181600 1331280539_thumb.jpg

post-26847-098259100 1331280599_thumb.jpg

Edited by PMC raceengines

The Nissan transmissions on the later Z31s (ie the one you have) are the strongest in Z31 land (30A). They are also the same on the Z32. I believe they also used this in some of the RB cars.

Edited by BLOZ UP

I didn't make the z car meeting. I have the 30A and I like the feel of the shifting better than the 25 box. If its as simple as swapping bell housings then I might do that.

Guys I forgot to order a new clutch set up :( so I'll have to wait till I get that :( I could prolly find an ACT clutch here in Dallas today..... But it's hard to work and search it out all at the same time for me

After I do a leakdown on this new motor, I'm starting my swap tomorrow too. Although I'm just swapping identical motors. Sort of. A little higher compression on the new one (9.0:1). I hope to be done by Sunday.

Did I miss anything at the meeting today? Did you all go?

I went to the meet and you didn't miss much. We talked about the dyno day and maybe doing another one. Talked about some stuff with the site and then just talked about everything thats coming up in april and may. Were talking about maybe doing a car show in the future? Im sure you will hear about it all from tommy or someone.

-Pat

My, didn't the weather turn nice here in Dallas today. Hope you were able to get started on you project Phil. Getting all the RB powered z's in the area could be fun. I have to get my started first. I have a 260 with a bull tilt fiberglass fron end, chopped roof and a Corvette esk back end. Motor and tranny are installed, and I am considering an S13 dash just to mixed up a litte more. The PO welded 2" box steel from the sompression mounts, thru the floors and back behind the seats. One of these days, I;ll need to start a thread on it.

One of these days, I'd love to come out a see you ride.

Phil,

I just want to warn you that the ebay fuel rail you might want to consider upgrading. I had the same one and the seam blew out about 1/3 of the way up the rail. It sprayed fuel all over the engine compartment. Luckily the motor was idling at the time and I killed the motor. Could have been a catastrophic and life threatening event had it happened on the road.

Danny